• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katieC
    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Re: Picture from another website .....

In the "General" tab, in properties .... it says
    Movie: and I put the flash there that you sent me that I saved to my desktop
    Version: it says 5.0.0.0
    Quality: says "best" there and there's a drop down arrow there with choices
    Scale: says "exact fit" and that has a drop down arrow as well there
    Window Mode: says there "window" and that has a drop down arrow too

there's also a check mark in the "autostart" box. I click ok and still can't see the picture/photo, i can only see a very faint picture, like it's there it's just transparent, only the "transparent part" is NOT marked?? So it shouldn't be right?? And when will that picture start to "change modes" for me?? Maybe it's just in it's "transparent state" until it is published or something??

Now once this problem is fixed .... do I just build my page around it and it's done and should work fine on the internet??

Comment

• allstarfaces
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

i think i know whats up, you have to previw it on the net go to the top of the page you are building and 11 buttons from the left at the top is a mini magnufying glass this is preveiw click it and it will give you an idea what it looks like on the net
      it wont do anything just in b.v

yes just build your page around it look at mine i just did its ok www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• katieC
        Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by allstarfaces
        What is this?? Is it some website you want me to see? I put my cursor over this url and it brought me to some "infopage" --??

And I tried it again, and it's still a "clear page"?? When I input the flash there, it's almost hard to see the picture part of it because it's transparent almost ..... then the "words to the right" in the "black part" are cut off at the top right hand corner of the flash banner??

Comment

• katieC
          Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

OM MY GOSH, i just saw what you did to yours!! YES YES YES, THAT'S WHAT I WANT .... BUT WHY isn't it working in my site?? Darnit, see your words on your site are fit perfectly -- and my words are at the TOP RIGHT and are cut off after "dealership", and the cars part, the "changing part", I can't even SEE because its transparent???

Darnit I'm frustrated -- (and laughing at the same time because I know I'm SO CLOSE ...... )

I'm going to close it out and try it all fresh all over again ..... hold on, let me try again.

Katie

Comment

• allstarfaces
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

YES IT IS A PAGE WITH YOUR BANNER ON lol
            i think you havnt got flash capabilites on your browser then are you on .ie browser?
            any way when you say it is cutting of the edge and is transparent do you mean on the net or just in b.v page on you desktop?
            can i just say that it having to be transparent means you wont see the player the flash is using when on the web so you just see the image not so the pic is invisible
            just keep on pluggin away
            i think you cant see the banner i uploaded because you dont have flash capabilites on your p.c try gettin a flash palyer from google they are free and easy to use then that might cure it

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• katieC
              Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Ok, I hit the "PREVIEW" button and it worked!! Yeah!! Now, one more question .... how do I get it more CENTERED in the page on the web and not so far over to the left hand side???

Thanks so much again ..... I OWE YOU BIG TIME!!

And, any way to change those "words" on the right hand side to "HAYDELL INDUSTRIES" instead of that "dealership stuff"????

Comment

• allstarfaces
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by katieC
                OM MY GOSH, i just saw what you did to yours!! YES YES YES, THAT'S WHAT I WANT .... BUT WHY isn't it working in my site?? Darnit, see your words on your site are fit perfectly -- and my words are at the TOP RIGHT and are cut off after "dealership", and the cars part, the "changing part", I can't even SEE because its transparent???

Darnit I'm frustrated -- (and laughing at the same time because I know I'm SO CLOSE ...... )

I'm going to close it out and try it all fresh all over again ..... hold on, let me try again.

Katie
                stretch the box to the size you want it this might be it
                it can get cut of if you use window instead of transperant too

Comment

• allstarfaces
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

right lets ay your page is 800 px wide move the box to the centre at 400 go page properties and centre it then try to preveiw if its a bit to left etc go back move it a bit then preview then when you are ready and if you are using thew banner on all pages i suggest you clone a few pages wiht it for safe keeping then you can use them later

Comment

• katieC
                    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

I will do just that, I'm cloning pages right now for safe keeping -- THANK YOU

Another question ..... the words on the right that say, "are you starting a new dealership, so are we!"

Can I CHANGE THOSE WORDS to "Haydell Industries" instead of what the other person has?? That's the difference with our business, we don't do the "dealership business" .... so I need that to be changed somehow.

Any advice??

Comment

• allstarfaces
                      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

the only way you can change them is with a flash making programe as said before like macromedia or dreamweaver or try to find some free software to try if only for one job but sometimes they have watermark any way keep on goin lol youle get there

Comment

• allstarfaces
                        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

cut of the words and add a text box next to it is also an option
                        just open the flash in.bv
                        put no border
                        window and then size the box so it cuts of the words easy peasy

Comment

• katieC
                          Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Ok, I will try that also -- to cut the words off the page.

I also just downloaded macromedia FLASH -- gosh it's so hard to use ....?

is there any way to get that photo, once it goes through it's ONE repitition of different photo's, to KEEP PLAYING instead of just stopping permanently once it's done???

Comment

Working...
                          X