Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inserting logo with background transparent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inserting logo with background transparent.

I have chosen a yellow background colour for my web page.
    When I insert the company logo, the background of this gif picture is white so I see a white square around the logo.
    I need the background of my logo to be transparent in order for me to see the page background around the logo and not this white square.
    How can I do this?

Thank You for the help.

José.
    You can check what I mean at the page which will be in a short future ( I hope...) the old version of this site.
    The logo Lusopipe is inside a white square. How can I merge it with the red/grena background?

Re: inserting logo with background transparent.

Do you have a photo program where you can change the picture? Like ***? If not, you'll need someone who does to change it for you - it's sometimes better to match the background than to save it with a transparent one - but either can be done in a good photo program.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I see...
      Ok Beth thank You so much.
      Don't You think this a limitation on the BlueVoda program?

Maybe It could perfom this easy task, transform white (255) into transparent...

At CorelPaint or other editing image software, can You tell me if there is an export option of a log with transparent background?

Thx again,
      José.

Comment

Hi Jose..

BV is a web builder.. it can't be expected to do image editing.. Web building software are not made to create or modify images.

Image creating and modifying is done with programs like Paint, Photoshop, corel and so on.. At the same time, these programs cannot build a web page and publish it.

I'm not familiar with corel, but if it is anything like what they represent it to be, then surly it must have the capability to copy and insert an image on a transparent background.

Comment

Carlos has that correct - and it would have a heck of a time trying to change all the different images out there - BV is great - but that's not something to expect from them.

Corel has many versions - so it will depend on what you have. *** (Paint Shop Pro) is a Corel product and can change backgrounds. I can use it, but can't explain it - but if you play in it, you can find the background button - as I said, it might be easier to change the background to match the background of your site instead of making the image with a transparent background.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

You can use Phot Shop or Photo draw to save as a *.gif file, *.jpeg will not allow for a transparent background. Corel should have this function or something like "save for web"

You can also download Paint.Net, download it here:
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/rev...hop-clone.html
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Here is part of you logo, with your center background color, done in Paint.net. Is this what you meant?
              Attached Files
              Royden

www.harrow-art.com
              www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Royden,
                Where and what is paint.net - cuz it's not on the internet as paint.net!

Never mind - I found it - it's now www.getpaint.net
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Here is your logo with the same colour as your background instead of white.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                  royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lusopipe
                    I see...
                    Ok Beth thank You so much.
                    Don't You think this a limitation on the BlueVoda program?

Maybe It could perfom this easy task, transform white (255) into transparent...

At CorelPaint or other editing image software, can You tell me if there is an export option of a log with transparent background?

Thx again,
                    José.
                    Import your logo in Coreldraw. Select it, click on Export, then select as format "gif", and when the export dialog box appears, following the wizard, select transparency. With the pick tool, click on your logo border, and then Preview. The border, if it is single color, will become transparent. Export it, and then import the new logo (the one with the transparent border) in BV.

This, for the future. For now, copy the transparent logo that Royb has prepared for you, simply save it in your computer, and use it in BV.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by royb
                      Here is your logo with the same colour as your background instead of white.
                      http://plusplace.co.uk/st.html
                      5 stars. I did not try to do myself yet, but that's it.
                      Thx +++++
                      Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                        Import your logo in Coreldraw. Select it, click on Export, then select as format "gif", and when the export dialog box appears, following the wizard, select transparency. With the pick tool, click on your logo border, and then Preview. The border, if it is single color, will become transparent. Export it, and then import the new logo (the one with the transparent border) in BV.

This, for the future. For now, copy the transparent logo that Royb has prepared for you, simply save it in your computer, and use it in BV.
                        Thx. I will definitely try it during this Sunday. I should be sleeping right now as it's 2h49 in the morning for me.
                        Tjis one is solved.
                        If You all people don't mind I'll keep being a pain in the ass some more in the future.
                        Thx,thx,thx
                        Jose.

Comment

Glad to be able to help out Jose.
                          Any other problems with graphics etc just ask.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                          royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by royb
                            Glad to be able to help out Jose.
                            Any other problems with graphics etc just ask.
                            I have been able to make it from CorelPaint, so I will explain here very fast how I've done it, because this is the first thing that in my opinion a beginner will always ask for help:

1) The saved file extension has it was said before by bill2006 and navaldesigner, has to be .gif
                            1) With the magic wand You select what You want to be transparent.
                            2) To add other objets to selection, use shift + mouse.
                            3) pay attention to "tolerance" field on the magic wand options, some selections can not be made "perfect" without changing this parameter.
                            4) When You're done, FILE, EXPORT FOR WEB, (don't forget the .gif extension), give a name, SAVE, OK, activate "invert mask" box, OK.
                            5) It's done.

Thx to all,
                            Jose.

Comment

Working...
                            X