No announcement yet.

How to create a log-in on your website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a log-in on your website?

To whom it may concern,

I am jj201, account ID #88885084, and I am writing because I am in need of some assistance. I am creating a webpage right now, and I would like to know how to create a log-in, just so only those who I would like to see it can get in. Does anyone know how to create one? I would gladly appreciate it.

Thank You.
    jj201.

Re: How to create a log-in on your website?

Originally posted by jj201
    To whom it may concern,

I am jj201, account ID #88885084, and I am writing because I am in need of some assistance. I am creating a webpage right now, and I would like to know how to create a log-in, just so only those who I would like to see it can get in. Does anyone know how to create one? I would gladly appreciate it.

Thank You.
    jj201.

Hi, what you are attempting to do is create a "password protect directory" ... are you going to password protect your entire website?

If so, the directory you would password protect is public_html (if this site is your only site and your main domain in your account, otherwise, it would be another directory).

You can find the steps to creating a password protect directory in my signature here ... it is fairly straight forward ... if you have any further questions or problems, post back again ...

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i think u need to learn some javascript on this.
      or u could try exploring existing sites that provide "free" codes for this.

going advanced, you could use ASP or PHP. As with ASP, it's quite binded with databases. With PHP, that would be hardcoding...

Comment

Ok, but let's say that you have a homepage, and once the people log in, then they will have access to the entire folder, including the forum. Does it ask them to enter the password only once or do they have to login with a password in the member's section, then again in the forum?

How do you set this form up in the index page to have people log in or sign up, and more specifically, for a fee?

Comment

We are talking about VH client, so no ASP pages are supportes. And PHP is also quite flexible with MySQL databases.

As for MrBlesses23 's question: you can move inside a paswword protected folder, once entered, without having to loggin again. But, if you need to move between parts of the site that are inside the protected folder, and others that are outside it, you will need to loggin each time.

You need a loggin script to protect your pages. An example can bee seen here
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X