flash assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still need flash help please

What does "HTML editor will write the code for you, and all you have to do is edit the path of the file to reflect the location on your web server" mean exactly? Is there a clue there?
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Debi - have you uploaded the file? I was just figuring you watched the tutorial and like any element had uploaded the file to your computer or to voda?

You need to have a file on your computer of the flash that you want to install - and that is what goes in where I mentioned.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes, I did. The flash is on the site, and when you cursor over it, it acts as if it is going to work. But the Flash panel allowing for play, stop, etc. won't present itself for more than a split second.
        I have googled the issue, and think I understand the path question. I need to create the proper path, sending the swf to the site file name.
        Problem now is that when I open the HTML for the show created, it won't let me change it. I need to change <param name=movie value= "Ranch Vacation Web.swf" to:
        <param name=movie value=http://www.memoriesdvds.com/demo/ranchvacationweb.swf

Great. Just have to figure out why "generated HTML" won't let me change it, nor can I delete what is there and add this back in.
        Debi
        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

(I mentioned the mixup on code in the tags earlier, but no-one noticed)

Take a chance that Jeremy will answer his email.....he fiddles around with Flash, and since Carlos is no longer around in VodaLand, I have no other Flash techs to recall, Deb....sorry.

I personally do not like "experimenting".....I'd just as soon do a little personal reading, like in an online manual, to find an appropriate solution.

>> SWF means SWiSH FLASH folks, not Flash8 or Flash....so be specific when refrring elements in finding sourced clues.....Hint-Hint, Knowing-Wink!!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: flash assistance

FOUND YOU A GURU PROPER!

Totally forgot about Sadin! Here's his websiite...get with HIM via the Contact page...

He is always doing Flash stuff for everyone, and can help you out, Deb!

Comment

Debi,
              I'm still thinking that you are adding to the html - when you don't need to add there at all - you need to take that path and put it in the PROPERTIES section - and that should be ALL you need to do.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

"
                Originally posted by Bethers
                Debi,
                I'm still thinking that you are adding to the html - when you don't need to add there at all - you need to take that path and put it in the PROPERTIES section - and that should be ALL you need to do.
                Suggested above in post # 2.......the few of my posts to remain after "moderating"

> Originally re-phrased in a post after #2 clearer, but now that no longer remains to refer to....a poor example of "assisting" (experimentation, actually) via elimination.

Comment

Vasili, After a restless sleep dreaming of FLASH I'm back at it! Thanks for Sadin, will contact him now. Hope he's not traveling in Budapest or something :) SWF not Flash or Flash 8.....Alrighty then. My computer has Flash 8 loaded. Could it be that I need to look for and load swish flash???? Wish I knew more, but I guess this is how to get there...B,S, and Tears!
                  Hopefully I'll be in position to help others at some point.
                  Thanks again.
                  BTW Could only find this thread by going thru my own name, Did I say something wrong to get it removed from the General issues forum?
                  Deb
                  Debi
                  DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
                  X