• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vetpage
    Private

• Jan 2007

Hello! I'm new and I have a question.

Hi All. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shana and I am building a website for my dad, who is a veterinarian. It's very rudimentary, but I've published all of the pages (with a few things here and there left to be done), and I noticed that on the pages where I inserted a microsoft word document, the insertion is either completely pink or there is pink around the edges. How can I eliminate this without having to retype those tables that I created in microsoft word?

Thanks in advance. The website is www.riversidevetclinic.com if you want to see what I'm talking about. The most noticible problems are on the products and services pages.

Have a great day!
    Shana
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Hello! I'm new and I have a question.

Hi, I maybe wrong, but I have your document as a jif image & not a document. Have you tried to view this document as a web page on your computer? (Open word & open this file! Click on file and look for web page preview) If it looks ok like this you can put the file on your web page via an Iframe. But see how it looks 1st & if all ok, post back here if you’re not sure how to do this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Word is NOT a web compliant program and you'd be much better off redoing that document in an html editor. As it is now, it can't be read by se's anyway - but if you redo it, it could be. As it is, even if you lose the color background, the text is degraded (notice it's somewhat blurry.

Chris' suggestion about an iframe would work, but I stay away from them, too :) and it won't help the degradation of transferring the word doc.

Again, word is not intended to be used on the web and it's not the smart or efficient way to go.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• vetpage
        Private

• Jan 2007

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Shana

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Shana,
          BV has a table you can use to rewrite them - or if you need help rewriting them and inserting the html - let me know and I could help with that.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• rolincenter
            Private First Class

• Jan 2007

maybe u could try MS Frontpage, anyway, it's bundled with most Microsoft Office suites. If you'd want to go pro, then you could try Dreamweaver, now owned by Adobe (who bought Macromedia).

Comment

Working...
            X