Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery images disappeared-text still there

HELP!
    I was editing one of my galleries and may have hit the UnDo button- all the images disappeared!!!! the text is still there but the images don't show in the properities box either. Is there a way to get them back? What did I do? This happened once before when I first started using the Gallery and I sure don't want it to happen again! The thought of redoing this page is daunting! I did not re-publish the page - http://humnew.com/handlevases.html
    HumBird
    www.Humnew.com

Re: Gallery images disappeared-text still there

Did you save the page - if not and you closed it - try reopening it and see if they are there.

The other question - are you on the same computer? Are the pictures still in the same file? If you move the file, your BV program won't be able to call the images up in the path you originally gave it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I saved the page previous to the disappearing act and did not save it after, closed and re-opened: still gone. I did not change computers or move files.
      Now the problem is getting worse. the gallery images are scrambling- some will show up randomly in the wrong gallery when published. Also another gallery is publishing, many times, with all the photos from a different gallery and the caption texts from the origional even tho the page looks fine in BV and has been saved.
      I'm getting really frustrated. This whole site is a series of galleries and I need to figure out what I am doing wrong before I go on.
      You can't get to the pages in the site because I removed the link http://humnew.com/vases.html but it's the one with the right text and BUY buttons but the wrong photos

Thanks for any more ideas out there!
      Leslie
      HumBird
      www.Humnew.com

Comment

How have you been naming your pictures. For example - on digital cameras, every time you download pics, they might give the next batch the same name. Are all your pics with completely separate names? Because while the path in your computer might allow the same actual names, after publishing, it won't work to have 2 different pics with the same name.

Since I see the same image name on that page you gave and on another page, I'm guessing when you published the new page with the same image name, it changed it on the old.

You must make sure all images have unique names. Names that identify the product are always good.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

YES!!!!! That's it! Thank you so much for your quick response!
          HumBird
          www.Humnew.com

Comment

You are very welcome - glad we found the answer.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Image files

Hello Again!
              If there is a tutorial on how to organize the files within BV I can't find it.

I would like to have my image files in a folder within a folder created for each page in the site, so i don't have to try to find them in the catch-all Image Folder. So far this seems to be working but I don't want to go too far with it if it is not a good idea. I understand that each file needs a unique name, but after that does it matter where, within BV, it is kept?

Also, I have a lot of "image not found" white squares on my pages, but when they are published the images are there. I can't quite decipher what's happening, but I bet you can!

Also I just found your little book on SEO which I am looking forward to studying.
              Thanks for your help,
              Leslie
              HumBird
              www.Humnew.com

Comment

I set up my files by having a "whatever" folder (website name without the .com) inside the main Blue Voda Folder. I then have a folder for each page that I store my images in. The BV pages are stored inside the "whatever website name" folder. It's very easy to find your pictures that way and is especially beneficial when you have more than one website.

Blue Voda----website---each page folder
                Attached Files
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X