X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeanutButterCups
    Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Re: Creating pop-up windows for links... ??

Thanks for the great Pop up information, just what I needed.
    I also wanted to say "I Love your Site Hester" awesome work.
    www.eft-emotionalfreedomtechnique.com
    www.thespyshop.ws
    www.globalspystore.com

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by sonshine4me
      Hello!,
      I like your website and especially your page sizing. Would you share the demensions with me if you created the pages yourself?
      Thank you kindly,
      shari
      George is not a very frequent visitor, so i'd better answer you:his pages are 896 (W) X 700 (H)
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Hester
        Captain

• Jun 2006

haha... I guess I'm not that frequent unless someone replies to the threads I'm subscribed to. haha :) I do check those everyday! But it's almost the end of the school year and when my teaching schedule lets up I'll be here MUCH more!

Thanks for being on top of things for me Navaldesign. :)

Just as a note... I know many prefer the 800x600+ approach, and I originallyhad my page set to 768x700..... but there came a time I really wanted to add another menu button at the top but was too lazy to resize every single one, so with the addition of the "Blog" button, it made the page almost 900 wide.

I know that explanation was probably unnecessary... :) but I figured I'd let you know.

My re-design project on my website has actually already been started and it will be 800px wide. It's gonna be pretty sweet!
        George
        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Alrighty, General Naval....if I've decided to use the "onclick" method to make a pop-up, how do I add the command for a scrollbar to the window (as many pages might indeed be only say 500 wide and 400 tall, but when you have a 650+ tall page, the window opens to the maximum size of the viewer's monitor, but there is no way to see the rest of the "page" that drops below the pop-up window's original window dimensions.

>> If I wish to create a uniform size "on-click" style pop-up (because it is cleaner without address & status bars) to be 500 wide by 400 high, and some pages run taller, how do I add a scrollbar without resorting to a plain old "_blank" style pop-up??

Here is the "onclick" code I am presently using (pasted into the URL box in BV's Hyperlink dialog box), but I really want to have a uniform size window pop-up of 500x500 with scrollbars to accommodate longer pages:
          #" onClick="window.open('http://www.choiceincentive.com/our_company.html', '','width=500,height=895'); return false;
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Hi Eric,

use this code for the scrollbar popup:

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html', '','scrollbars=1,width=300,height=200'); return false;"
            Paste it in the URL field of the object to link.

If you are happy with a fixed position of the popup then you can also pass over the popup's left upper corner coordinates in pixels, using the following code:

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html', '','scrollbars=1,width=300,height=200,left=150,top=250'); return false;"
            which will place the popup top left corner at 150, 250 (coordinates start from the top left corner of the browser window)

However, to center it in the page, you need some more complicated script that detect's the visitor's monitor resolution and sets the pop up coordinates accordingly.

I will see if i can find something.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Thank you so much, General.....the scrollbar and sizing of the pop-up was the most critical of issues....and I think there is another "section" of script mentioned in VT that I saw earlier.....I can also play with it to see if I can make out the direction you have clearly suggested....

G'Night!

And again....I appreciate your "assist"!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X