Menubar in I-frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menubar in I-frame

I had followed directions by navaldesign on how to use inline frames to navigate on your website. but I can't seem to get the frame to be transparent when veiwed or published. Does anyone have an idea how to acomplish this. the origanal post of directions was here http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...r-i-frame.html

Re: Menubar in I-frame

The only method I know is the one mentioned in Naval's instructions. There is a piece of code needed for both parts - the i-frame page itself AND the page that the contents are on. Below is an extract showing both pieces of code and where they should be inserted:

Now, we will put our menu page OVER the other pages. But we first have to make the background transparent, so it won’t cover the page content. To do this, copy the following code:

<style type="text/css">
    body {background-color: transparent}
    </style>

Then go in Page html, click on “Between Head” tag, and paste the code in the window.
    Save your page with an obvious name like “menu”. Then go on and PUBLISH IT.

IMPORTANT!! DON’T “ center in browser ” THE Menu Page

Now let’s go to the next step. Put the menu in the other pages.

Create your pages exactly as you want them to appear. Leave space for the menubar. If this helps you, temporarily copy- paste the menu in the page, so you have a reference on how your page will appear with the menu in place, then, before saving, delete the menu. In coping the menu in the page, don’t use the right click “paste”, nor the “Edit” >”Paste” command from the Toolbar. Use the Paste icon in the Toolbar. This will paste whatever you have copied in the same exact position where it was in the provenience page.

My own index page is made this way. The index page is:

http://www.navaldesign.info

and the page without the menu and the header is

http://www.navaldesign.info/Tips/homepage_ita.html

Now let’s see how we put the menu in our page. Of course this will only happen when we preview or publish the page.

In your page, create an I-frame. It has to be big enough to contain the whole menu. I usually make it the same size as my whole page, but you can make it the same size of your menu or header etc.
    Double click the frame, to edit it, and make it non scrollable, and with no border. Give it as default URl, the menu page URL, so when the page loads, it will automatically load the menubar in the i-frame. Put the frame INFRONT OF ALL THE OTHER PAGE CONTENT. If you have followed the procedure as described, the I-frame is already infront of all the other stuff.
    Please note that at this point the I-frame covers all or part of your page. Don’t worry, now we are going to make it transparent.
    To do this, you need to copy the following code:

allowtransparency="true" background-color="transparent"

Right click on the I-frame, chose Object HTML, click on “Inside Tag” and paste the above code in the window. At this point your i-frame has become transparent. Attention! Transparency is only visible in Preview or when published. In the original BV screen, it appears whte, SO IF YOU WANT TO EDIT THE PAGE, PUT THE FRAME IN THE BACK, EDIT, THEN BRING THE FRAME INFRONT AGAIN, AND SAVE THE PAGE. Publish it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi... uncheck.. show border.. the frame will be invisible.... Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez
        Hi... uncheck.. show border.. the frame will be invisible.... Doug
        D'oh. I think I misunderstood the question. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X