Editing Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Templates

Hey I have some templates I would like to use except I don't know how to edit everything on it. I got them from a site and It has text on it and stuff I want to change so im not sure.

Also how do I get a template into bluevoda thats index.html? Do I put it in the file manager under something? What do I do from there?
    The file comes with picture of the template... the only problem is that its in about 20 pieces making it just awful to try and put together one by one. Also Ive tried putting a Html into bluevoda then importing it. It works better then anything ive tried except the pictures don't work and I don't see how I can edit anything when I have to preview the page everytime I want to see it.

And I think the second to last IP adress in cpanel isn't working. Its the only one that doesn't ask for my user and pass and instead goes to a cannot find server page.

Re: Editing Templates

Originally posted by whamfamcram
    Hey I have some templates I would like to use except I don't know how to edit everything on it. I got them from a site and It has text on it and stuff I want to change so im not sure.

You would need to edit this template in a image editing program. Do you have one? If not, browse through the forum here and find a few posts made about free imaging editing software ...

Also how do I get a template into bluevoda thats index.html?

A template needs saving as a .jpeg image. You do not name your image index.html .... you can name your image anything.

Index is the name that you give your home page that you design. Therefore you would insert this image - .jpeg - template onto a page that you created in blue voda. If this is the only thing on this page, then you publish this page after you have saved the page as index to your voda hosting ip address. You do have one right??

Do I put it in the file manager under something? What do I do from there?

You need to publish your pages for them to become active web pages. Publishing your page automatically saves your files in your public_html directory, found in your file manager, via the control panel.

The file comes with picture of the template... the only problem is that its in about 20 pieces making it just awful to try and put together one by one.

Puzzles are always fun, however if the task is too daunting perhaps you should select another ... or alternatively you could put the pieces together in an image editing program and save as one image ... right!

Also Ive tried putting a Html into bluevoda then importing it. It works better then anything ive tried except the pictures don't work and I don't see how I can edit anything when I have to preview the page everytime I want to see it.

And I think the second to last IP adress in cpanel isn't working. Its the only one that doesn't ask for my user and pass and instead goes to a cannot find server page.
    You do have a voda host account with an assigned ip address, do you not? This will be needed before you can publish your pages ...

Good Luck with all your work, and remember Voda Rocks!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yeah Im all registered and everything so i can publish. Thanks for your help.

Comment

what kind of templates ?
        is it possible to use Drupal templates in Voda ?

Comment

Working...
        X