Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• template edited in photoshop

Hi everyone,
    I downloaded some bluevoda templates and as none was quite what I wanted I decided to work on one in photoshop. I was unable to work on it at first because the message came up that it was in "indexed color mode" so Iwent into image >mode>RGB. That was fine and I did all the work I wanted but then was unable to open in bluevoda either as a .gif or .peg. Message came up "unexpected file format" when I tried to load the page. Where have I gone wrong and how to correct it?
    Thanks,
    James
    http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Re: template edited in photoshop

Hi... I believe you will have to bring that template you've created in photoshop into your webbuilder as an image... in gif or jpeg... Doug

Comment

Hi Doug, Thanks, you're right. I was trying to load it as a page rather than opening a blank page and then inserting the modified template as an image into that page. Once learned never forgotten.
      Regards, James.

Comment

Hi.. one more thing... with photoshop you can Save for Web... in there you can size your image to the exact size you wnat to post... and you can also adjust the resolution... low... to... maximum.. and choose format.. and save to BV Images....Have Fun.. Doug

Comment

Hi Doug, Yes I do save for web; otherwise the files can be huge. I have noticed that some sites developed in bluevoda can take a while to load and it is often due to image files that have not been reduced in any way.
          Regards, James

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
            Hi.. one more thing... with photoshop you can Save for Web... in there you can size your image to the exact size you wnat to post... and you can also adjust the resolution... low... to... maximum.. and choose format.. and save to BV Images....Have Fun.. Doug
            I have just been into save for web and the only options there are avaliable are:

HTML and images
            Images only (gif)
            HTML only

how do I save the page for blue voda? is it any of the above references I need to save it as?

I have tried to save my edited page as HTML and images, then import it into BV without any success, the only way it will allow me to import it is by adding each image individually and I have sliced a lot of images, so it would take forever, how do I import it all in one go?

Please help I was loving creating my site at first now it all feels like it has gone down the pan and i'm on the verge of giveing up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tony09uk View Post
              I have tried to save my edited page as HTML and images, then import it into BV without any success ???, the only way it will allow me to import it is by adding each image individually and I have sliced a lot of images, so it would take forever, how do I import it all in one go?
              That's the nature of the beast: one image at a time....
              once you do "successfully" create a single page, SAVE it as a template, or merely CLONE additional pages from there!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X