• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nanshi
    Private

• May 2007

website not loading updated version of web page

I am having problems with my contact page. I previously created a form, but once it was published, I was unable to input data. I re-created the page and it appears to work, but once I publish, it is not uploaded. The website has retained the older version that does not work. I have tried several solutions. I have cleared the cache, I have cleared the Temporary Internet Files. I have even tried renaming the page. Still no success. If you review my website "www.christophersproject.com" you will see that the page entitled "CONTACT US" has different background music and that you are unable to input data in the form. I have included a copy of the file, which is the correct page. Also, when on the published contact page (incorrect version), it does not always allow you to move to the others pages via the navigator buttons. Please help me resolve this issue.
  • Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: website not loading updated version of web page

One of the solutions will be to get your linking right. You are incorrectly linking to your BVP files, instead of your site url's. Whatch this tutorial first. Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

• nanshi
      Private

• May 2007

Thanks for the suggestion Tom. The page in question was one of my initial tries. The corrected page has the correct link. However, I am unable to replace the incorrect page. I am trying to publish the corrected page, but it is not working. Any suggestions on how to solve that problem?

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Tom vR
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Nanshi,

Did the cache cleaning help?
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

• nanshi
            Private

• May 2007

Thanks NavalDesign

I tried the suggestions and to no avail, the problem persists. I have tried manually clearing the cache, as well as automatically with Cache Cleaner. Any other suggestions....

Comment

• Tom vR
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I have found your problem on the contact_us page. You have created one LARGE text box and have aligned the text with enters and many spaces. This text box is covering the form fields and you will not be able to click in them. For easier manupilation, rather use seperate small text boxes for each field heading.

Do this and you will be okay.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

• Tom vR
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

..and by the way, what are those header and footer images than run off the page to the right? Also try to centre your pages.

Nice music man.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

• Tom vR
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I just realised, I have probably opened your original contact_us form. I have now managed to download your new contact_us.bvp file and is checking it out quickly.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

• Tom vR
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Okay. I have assessed the following on your site:

You have uploaded your contact_us.BVP file (This is the file that I have downloaded).

From this file I see that you are tempted using PHP. In page properties you have set the file extension to php. You now probably have a html and a php file on the server. You cannot have both - it will not work.

In your button link you are still linking to your OLD html file and that is why you don't see your new page.

You also have a layer shape on the page. What for? There is also a text box behind the form stretching over the page. You can delete that.

On your contact_us page html (right-click >> Page HTML), I see you have some php code in the Inside Body Tag tab. I don't know what that is for (I'm not so clued up on this- maybe you can let me know).

Looking at all this, I suggest you change all your pages to php. With php you can then also get rid of all those navigation bars that you are *******ting on all the pages and they are jumping all over the show anyway.

Use this thread by Navaldesign to use a single menu page. Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP . It will spare you all the headaches and some time.

I think you will have trouble linking back from the contact (php version) to other html pages (I'm not sure).

Don't forget to delete the html files once you have your php files published. You can use Blue FTP for that.

Good luck, you will get it right I know....
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X