• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Batista Export
    Sergeant

• May 2006

Username and Password - Restricted Area

Hello, i'm trying to create a "club" in my www.batistaexport.com, where i need to put some "codes" for customers, where they can choose a isername and a password, and where i can manage the account of all clients, i want to do this this weekend, i already read some posts about this here, and nothing was usefull, i just understood that in Control Painel we can blocked and request a username and password to whom checked that specific file ( it's ok, but after the cookie instaled, control will not ask again username and password), i also read someonr who sells this kind of service.

My question is can anyone help me?
    I need to create in my Blue Voda Maded WebSite www.batistaexport.com a username and password request for customers, for they have special information.

Yours Truly,

Gil Batista
  • Batista Export
    Sergeant

• May 2006

Re: Username and Password - Restricted Area

I did Password protection like all posts here tell, but (and i already checked from different computers), the password and username is just asked first time, after dont ask again, and that it's a big problem.
    What i think happen is that after the first request a "cookie" is instaled in the computer, and in the next visit the request username and password automaticly recognize, and dont ask nothing.
    Is there anyway for this dont happen? - Is possible EVERYTIME a client check ALWAYS ask a username and password?

Thanks

Comment

• Batista Export
      Sergeant

• May 2006

While you are thinking to answer me, i checked maybe the font of my problem : " ... But you have created the protected folder in public_html. This is wrong...".
      In did was what i did, i already create another folder, but when i acess to Control Panel - Protect password - i just can manage the public_html folder, and this is a serious problem.
      Because my BlueFTP dont work, after my 5 posts about that, i didnt solve also that problem, i dont know what to do....

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

There is no built in function or simple solution. The easiest thing you can do is find any existing login script that you can add to your website. Specifically one that does not have the option to keep the user logged in that way once they leave the site, the next time they come back they will have to login again.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Batista Export
          Sergeant

• May 2006

Thank you for your post, do you know some script with that caracteristcs?, anyone knows?

Comment

• Watdaflip
            Major General

• Sep 2005

I don't know of any offhand that don't have the feature to remember the login. Check hotscripts.com for the simplest you can find. Anything more then simple will have that feature and will require editing

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• cellopro
              Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2007

you may want to try using cookies that expire when the user leaves your site. Plenty of cookie scripts exist, can't think of any offhand, though.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X