Increasing font shade over image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Increasing font shade over image

Yep, done temp files,history, cookies everything I could! I've run the virus scanner in the vain hope that would work. I shall try the list as adviced above. Thank you
    Keep your fingers crossed
    Back later

Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by dandia View Post
      Yep, done temp files,history, cookies everything I could! I've run the virus scanner in the vain hope that would work. I shall try the list as adviced above. Thank you
      Keep your fingers crossed
      Back later

Debbie
      Hey Debbie, one more thing - can't believe I didn't ask this first - did you try republishing?
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Liz
        Ok. Followed the instructions to the letter. Then republished and....nothing new has appeared. I still have the same, everything displayed except the layered image. If I mouse over it I do get the box come up with the title dandelion clock which is what I named the layered image. Maybe it will work tomorrow? Alternatively I shall have to go and look on someone elses computer!

Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by dandia View Post
          Hi Liz
          Ok. Followed the instructions to the letter. Then republished and....nothing new has appeared. I still have the same, everything displayed except the layered image. If I mouse over it I do get the box come up with the title dandelion clock which is what I named the layered image. Maybe it will work tomorrow? Alternatively I shall have to go and look on someone elses computer!

Debbie
          we'll get to the bottom of this yet..
          Try reinserting the image and republishing.
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Though it does seem to be an issue with your computer - I still see it fine..
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

maybe it's your browser (I just shooting in the dark)

Did you try going to the microsoft site:

If you try to upgrade your explorer the site will search your computer and give all of the up dates to the program and patches that you might need.
              http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

Well I've published the image on all the other pages now and like the first page I cannot see the image on my computer on any of the pages. I think you are right it must be my computer but why I have no idea. I can't even see the images in preview in BV. I am going to leave it for tonight. I have spent all day on this and I think its time for a walk away.
                Thank you Liz so much for your input and if you would check out the other pages for me to make sure the image is OK on those I would be extremly grateful Do you live in France? Maybe I could pop round yours to see? LOL
                See you in the morning
                Debbie

Comment

Yep Debbie I still see them all!
                  France?
                  hmmm
                  Well, I am just south of San Francisco, California......LOL
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Checked all my undates last night before closing down and I am bang up to date.
                    Well I got up with great expectation of everything sorting itself out over night. It didn't. So, I cannot waste any more time I am going to ask the guys in the "look at my site" part to critique it. Just got to fix a couple of links first and then I am off to a friends house to have a look at the pages on her computer!
                    California? ermmmmm Yep I can do that ........LOL

Debbie

Comment

Ok I am still having problems and I am ready to scream. My problems today are still related to the image. I still am unable to view the images on the internet despite doing everything that has been suggested. I am trying to tweak bits and pieces on my site www.mylastwishesinfrance.com and now the text is too pale. I have tried moving the layer to the back and the text to the front but it has made no difference. I am not sure if on the internet it the text is grey or black as I can't see the image behind it and the preview in BV doesn't work. I don't understand as yesterday that part worked fine. All other programmes in my computer are working lovely it's just BV I seem to be having a problem with. I thought to downlaod BV agai but it comes up with an error message "header not complete do you want to continue?" and I am not sure if I do or not so I haven't.
                      Two questions
                      Can anyone suggest what to do with the text problem? and
                      Shall I download the BV despite the error message?
                      All help gratefully received.

Debbie
                      Last edited by dandia; 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM. Reason: mistake in URL

Comment

Hi, part the problem will be to do with the naming of the images.
                        • Delete your 2 images from the BV page
                        • Rename your images with only lowercase letters. No, @,() & alike.
                        • Place the images back on the page & republish. (test)
                        IE:

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris

I've renamed and changed the images on the index page and republished but it hasn't made any difference.
                          I tried to put a background colour in using page properties and again although I can see the colour in BV I can't in preview or see it in either IE7 or FF. I am leaning more and more to a problem with BV as I have virus scanned,adwared both with my computer software and online and nothing.

Despondant Debbie

Comment

Dear Despondant -
                            I am so sorry you are still having troubles..
                            I would definately download and reinstall BV..

I was hoping Chris could find you a solution - he is the image guru..
                            Good Luck my voda friend..
                            Liz
                            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Hi Voda Friend Liz

I have reinstalled BV it has made no difference. I sorted the problem of grey text by cloning a page with black text cutting and pasting then renaming the pages to suit. Long winded but it worked for those following this thread and who may having the same problem. I still haven't worked out how or why I can't see the image behind the words. That is work in progress. VBG (Very big grin)

Debbie who is not so despondent now that the Grey is back to black

Comment

Hi. Grey text? All looks ok from this end. If you are getting grey text it maybe to do with your text box being over the layer area & making it look transparent (grey) Pull the tabs out on the text box so at least one edge of the text box is outside the layer area & the text should get its normal colour back. Or place another text layer on the page & put the text on top of that.
                                As for your images not showing, its got to be something to do with your browser or its settings. There is some ware that enables you to surf without images showing, & I am wondering if this has somehow got turned on. (just not sure were it is). Only another thought.
                                This is what I am seeing. With a small hair cut. lol

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                                X