How do I add Footers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add Footers

Umm yeah the subject says it all. Can someone direct me to a thread that explains how to add footers to my pages?

Re: How do I add Footers

Hi, not quite sure what you mean? A footer with BV is like any other part of a page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I guess my question, or goal is that I want a footer on my PHP that will always show up at the bottom of the page, no matter how long the content is. I am using navaldesign's suggestion about using a menu.php page that shows up when I add html somewhere to the other pages. I want to add a footer that will always be at the bottom and not just where I place it on my menu.php. Does this make more sense?

Comment

Follow the same directions for the menu - only name it for the footer - and when you do the page, add the html box where ever you want the footer to show on the page. All the directions follow the same - but you do NOT place it on your menu.php - but do a separate page - say a footer.php. Change everything as necessary for the different name.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Okay Bethers I will try that. I hadn't thought of doing it that way before. Sounds like a simple fix, I'm sure I will find a way to mess it up and come back here with a stupid question so don't end this thread just yet.
          detailer

Comment

LMBO - Believe me - I'm known for having to do things more than once. Don't ask me about how I managed to make a wrong turn last Sunday going into Philadelphia - then coming out (different route) managed to do the same LOLOL - I look at it - as all the side trips in our life are what make our life so much more interesting. Kind of like taking the path less travelled.

Good luck.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Bethers,

I know we have never met but I have been watching the forums for some time. I have been reading the post you and Naval left about menus in I-frames or php style pages. It has been a great help to me. I am using the I-frame menu on a test site at the moment. I am going to try the php way of doing it and see which I like it better. I am in the test mode of this software.

The question the gentleman asked is the same problem I am having.
              I may have misread his question because of the question in my mind.
              You know how it is. You have a question and when you read someone else’s question, you read it from the standpoint of what’s in your mind.

Anyway, he said.
              I want a footer on my PHP that will always show up at the bottom of the page, no matter how long the content is.
              I want to add a footer that will always be at the bottom and not just where I place it on my menu.php.

I know you can manually place the footer at the bottom of a particular page. Is there a way to add the footer to the page and have it auto move down with your body text as it fills up the space and begins to extend the page downward? That’s what I am looking for and it sounds as if that is what Detailer is looking for also.

Naval and You have been a great help to me without even knowing it.
              Thanks

Catch22

Comment

Hi, unfortunately BV hasn't the facility of being able to have pages with fluidity built into them. (Auto extend for content) It can be done, but you will have to the knowledge of using scripts/html.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you collectors,

If I find the script I will let the forum know.

Catch22

Comment

Catch 22 - if you use the php method - you place the footer php include under the rest - so it takes care of. When you extend the page to add more text - that footer will move down - if you do it correctly - so it ends up where you want it. Worst case scenario - you have to manually move that html box with the php include when you add more to the page - maybe an extra second?
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers my dear, you are queen of the hill.
                      I will give it a go. Thanks so much.

Catch22

Comment

if you use the php method - you place the footer php include under the rest - so it takes care of.
                        Hi Beth,
                        Can you expand a little on how this is done. I didn't know this was possible to have a page auto extend using BV & would really help on a site i am working on. This will save loads of time.

Thanks.

Chris.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Collector,

Try this link. It is one of the posts I was talking about. I didnt know that would auto extend with a footer using php. That is why I asked.

Comment

Sorry, it doesn't auto-extend - I shouldn't have phrased that so that it would sound that way. It simply is a matter of moving the footer box down in proportion to what is added to the page.

I answered quickly above - and didn't mean to mislead.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth! I don’t know, you got me all excited. Thought something new had been found. Lol.
                              Catch 22, there maybe other ways? But this link may help.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X