languages buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• languages buttons

I don^t know if i am in the right place. Can smeone tell me if it is possible to insert 'flags' for different languages in the site?
    thanks

Martha

Re: languages buttons

Hi, yes you can place a flag for different languages, but you would have to duplicate your site in with the text/links/key words/titles of that country's language.
    If you do this? leave enough space for text as some languages will take up more space. There are translators out there, but have been told that they are not that good.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by cervm View Post
      I don^t know if i am in the right place. Can smeone tell me if it is possible to insert 'flags' for different languages in the site?
      thanks

Martha
      I've been trying to use this code for Google translator and I seem to be putting my URL in the wrong place. When clicking on a flag I get the Google translating page and have to type in the URL. I want to be able to click on a flag and have the page translated automatically.
      Here is the site where I found the code and instructions.. http://activerain.com/blogsview/2277...Translation-to

In these instructions it says:
      "Remember to replace the value of variable "u" with the URL of your website"
      I've tried several variations but still not getting it right. Do I have to publish first or can it work in preview mode?
      Thanks for any suggestions...
      Thai House Plans
      Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

I guess there's no interest here. I thought by having the option of having several different languages to translate web pages would increase traffic to the site.
        It's seems pretty straightforward as far as adding it to the site (see previous post for link), I'm just having a little trouble with the code and asked for advice/help in this matter.
        Thai House Plans
        Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Working...
        X