• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • It's A Jewelry Thing
    Private First Class

• Sep 2006

Page widths out of control! Help!!

I'm very green at building web pages and am trying to set up a new page set at 900 x 800. I resized my image (to fit inside the margins) to 898 x 798 as per a suggestion I received. Even though the page size reads 900 x 800 in the page properties and the image now stops at the 898 x 798 marks, the actual page is wider...it extends on the right side beyond the 900 page width about 1.25 inches. Any suggestions on how to keep the width at 900 and locking it so nothing will extend past that 900 mark?

Also...when trying to move or resize a menu box, the right side of the box just starts automatically moving to the right and way beyond the margin I set at 900 causing the width of my page to reach outrageous widths. Then it's impossible to find the right side of the menu box to bring it back to a size within my set page width. Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

Thank you,
    itsajewelrything****.com
    Last edited by It's A Jewelry Thing; 10-20-2007, 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot to include my email address
    Susan
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Page widths out of control! Help!!

when yu set up your page properties to read 900 pixels wide, that does not mean that every computor will be 900 pixels wide. Every computor is different and the most popular size today(my opinion only) is 1024 pixels wide. Some computors are set to 800 and some to 1280 but your page is set to 900 and if you center in your browser then you would have to scroll right to left with computors set to 800 or you would have a little space on the right and left side of your message with computors set to 1024. Do you know what size your computor is set up to?
    Do you have a link so we can see your work as I am a little lost with the 2nd problem.
    Hope this helps. If you want to see a site that is 900 pixels wide centered in the browser go to:
    www.scanportonline.com
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
    X