• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasmine07
    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Adding a still image to a video...

Hi

Can I first of all thank all those who have helped me with previous questions. In particular Navaldesign whose single menu pages using .php have been invaluable, as have the suggestions of inserting html text when uploading videos. I'm VERY grateful.

My next, hopefully last, problem involves the videos I have on my website.
    www.emigratetv.com

Nearly every page has a video loaded. Is there any way I can preface the video with a still jpg image which would show for a couple of seconds before the video automatically plays?

Thanks
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Adding a still image to a video...

Might be the case that this still image needs to be part of the video in order for this to happen ...

But .. Naval will likely have a better solution for this than me .. but you could do this ...

If you wanted to give some text as your intro - If you use the marquee, add the text that you want to appear as an intro to the video, set it to scroll, and tick repeat 1 time only, set your marquee box to the same width as the video ...

now your text will scroll across for one time and then disappear ...

Now .. images can be added to the marquee instead of text, and Naval does have a post about doing so, here on the support forum ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• jasmine07
      Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2007

LadyEye-thanks so much. I'll give this a try.

Comment

• koolspaces.com
        Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Very similiar to Lady Eye's suggestion is something that I have used on my website.

In Windows Media, file import your video. Then, import the picture you want and place it before the video. Stretch the picture to as many frames (seconds) as you want. You can also load the file then have it pause so that the picture remains still.

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

• jasmine07
          Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2007

LadyEye - I followed your suggestion and it's just what I was looking for. Thanks a million

Comment

Working...
          X