Preventing Image Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing Image Theft

Hi all, Newbie on deck. Was wondering if there is something I can do to prevent people copying the photos from my site.

Cheers, Gusman. (www.capeyork4wdinformation.com.au)

Re: Preventing Image Theft

Hi, I'm afraid its just about impossible. If its on the web, it can be copied. Adding things like disabling right click will only annoy many of the visitors who will use it for saving your site to the bookmarks folder.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok. Thanks Chris.

Comment

Hi again. Chris, I've decided to watermark the photos then re-load them. Until then, how do I go about disabling the right click function for my pages?

Cheers, Gus.

Comment

If someone wants to steal your pictures, disabling right click won't stop them. Those who really want to do it - probably don't use right clicking to do it anyway.

Watermarking won't stop anyone who really wants them either. But this at least is proactive and the better method.

And if you did a search on the forum, you'd find this all discussed over and over again. And many places where the code to disable right click is given. I refuse to give it as it, to me, denotes an amateur site - and I do believe it asks for those who want to take, to do so.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X