What Is The Best Shopping Cart System To Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: What Is The Best Shopping Cart System To Use?

Originally posted by Adz931 View Post
    Hey LadyEye!!

I actually use paypal myself and have added another email to my account (for my website transactions).

Can you tell me how I would use and install the PayPal Shopping Cart?

I just dont understand how it works ha ha!!

I know I need to place an 'Add To Cart' button next to each item. But are you saying I have to place a different item number for each 'Add To Cart' button?

Ahh, someone just help and advise me on how to install this etc!!!

Thank you ever so much!

Vasili - I have put a lot of work into my website, especially when you consider I have absolutely no experience of website building. I just need as much help as I can get. I will in no way get rid of what I have done so far.

Cheers anyway!!!
    All the best,
    Ad
    www.adamsposters.com

Hi.

This is what you will need to do. I go directly to paypal, so these instructions are for that.

1. Log into your paypal account and choose the merchant tab.

2. You can then choose Buy it Now or Add to Cart buttons, choose the Add to cart

3. For each item you intend to sell, you will need to create an Add to Cart button .. for each item, you will put the price and the description.
    You will also choose whether you want the customer to be able to purchase more than one of these, whether you want their mailing address included, an extra note, etc.,

4. You will also set up shipping prices, determined via per item, which you include when making your add to cart button, or whether you have shipping set up in your paypal account itself that goes in a chart method dependent on price of products purchased.

5. When you create the code, there is also coding that is created for a VIEW CART button - you need only take one of this type of code as you can apply it on all pages ..

6. Continue creating an add to cart button for each product you want to sell.

7. If you can edit the code, you can simply take the code that paypal creates for you for your first item, and then change the item name and price each time in the same code and apply it in a new button - basically, the same code is created each time with just the different item name and price .. you don't need to go to paypal to do all the buttons, you can do them from one offering ..

8. You also need to create a thank you page in blue voda and publish that, and you will see when creating your buttons that you can send people to this thank you page after they purchase. This is an area where you can tell them a little more when they might receive their purchase etc.,

9. You will also be asked for a url to direct people to should they cancel their order, I usually direct them to my contact page where they can email me as to why they are cancelling, etc., or you can choose any page, you dont need to create a specific page for this ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Adz931
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hiya,

Thank you for the info.!!

So are you saying, if you want to, you can have only ONE code for a 'Add To Cart' button?

Sorry if I sound dumb!

I will be attaching a reference number to each item I have ie AP001, AP002 etc.

I searched the forum and found a topic;

I like the idea of what this site does www.pinatapalace.com

It belongs to the member Bethers.

I dont want to use CartManager, like she does, but something similar and free would be great, as I believe they use PayPal.

Thanks,
      Ad

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

No, sorry, you cannot just have one code that will do it all ... you can have the basis of one code but need to adjust it for every item.

I think perhaps you should just disregard any reference I made to changing the coding, I really shouldn't have suggested that, it is just complicating things for you ..

So please ignore that ...

If you use paypal, please create a button for every product that you are going to sell ...

You cannot have what cart manager does without purchasing Cart Manager

Free - is paypal and their free shopping cart ....

You can follow some of the other suggestions made by other members in regards to other carts ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Ad,
          I use CartManager - which will give you more options than Paypal by itself - but you would be able to use it with Paypal to take payments. One reason it would be better than setting up the Paypal buttons only - is if in the future you decide you want to add a merchant account, you wouldn't have to redo your buttons to do so - just add it into the cart on CartManager.

CartManager does have a fee - You could also consider using the free version of Mal's E - it would take away some of the options on that cart, but is viable if money is a big issue. CM is not expensive, and I find worth every penny for me. But that's me - and we are all different.

Using CM (or Mal's) you don't need a SSL or anything else. CM also has HackerSafe on the check-out pages, which is a security level many customers like to see.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Adz931
            Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Hiya,

Thank you Beth!

How would I use Mals with my website?

LadyEye;

What should I use in PayPal:

'Website Payments Standard' or 'Express Checkout'?

Thanks!!
            Ad

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

I just answered you about MALS on your other post. Most use Website Standard for paypal buttons. Express is part of a cart system like Mals or CM or Yahoo etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X