I cannot log in to the password protected page!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarah hk
    First Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

I cannot log in to the password protected page!!

I set up a parents area (login area) on my website and tried to test it but when I try to log in using the user name and password I cannot get in and just get an error message. I have been back to CP to change the password and republsih again but with the same result.

What do you think is the problem?

Sarah
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: I cannot log in to the password protected page!!

are you you entered the username/password you created in correctly? (it is case sensitive)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• sarah hk
      First Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Hi Watdaflip,
      Yes I am sure I even went back to change the password and tried again but still can't login.

Sarah

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

Check to make sure no directory infront it of is password protected (ie if the location is http://yoursite.com/files/parents, and you can't login to "parents", make sure that "files" isn't password protected as well)

Check through the list and then double check by removing the password protection from "parents", try to access it, if it allows you to then it was just the parent directory. If it still asks you to login then its another directory in the same path that has a password on it (at least thats about the only reason I can think that it won't let you login)

If that doesn't work and you are comfortable emailing me your cpanel info, I will take a look at it later on today. (just email me at "watdaflip******.com").

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• sarah hk
          First Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Hello Watdaflip,
          Okay there is a new twist to this saga the page parents is now on the website without any log in required. It doesn't matter at the moment as there is nothing much in there but I want to prepare for when there is.
          Now inside my add on domain folder there is another folder which is parents and inside that folder is the page "parents",on the nvaigation buttons he URL is addondomain.com/parents.html
          Any idea where I've gone wrong?

Thanks again,

Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X