Working with BlueVoda on more than one computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with BlueVoda on more than one computer

I am brand new to Voda and am designing my first website. I have my first page just about completed on my home computer. I decided I wanted to work on the website at my office. I tried copying the program etc to a USB memory stick but when I got to my office, it allowed me entry to the program but not to my saved index page. Can the same website be worked on using two different computers? And if so, how do I transfer those files?

Another question...I have a lot of articles written on ezinearticles, etc. I want to take those articles and create a tab on my home page that will then have each individual article available for review. Is it simply copying and pasting to a new page on the new website as a subheading to my article tab?

Thanks for your help

Re: Working with BlueVoda on more than one computer

yes you can work on your website at any computor. you have to download the website builder on both computors. you have to have the images in the blue voda file on both computors. you have to have the pages saved on your flash drive. Now when you transfer the page to your blue voda folder on computor 2, you also have to transfer the image files to computor 2.
    the key is to move the image folder and pages from your flash drive to the blue voda folder on computor 2.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

as for your 2nd question, i see 2 options:
      option 1 is to copy and paste each article on each page then link the tab to the article. the link would look like this:

option 2 is to upload your doc file or pdf file to your public_html directory via FTP method, then link the tab or text to the doc or pdf file.the link would look like this:
      http://www.yourwebsitename.XXX/nameoffile.doc or

personally i prefer the second method as the articles are already written.
      hope this helps
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually got the index page over to my laptop. (I had transferred the photo images to the lap top as well). I have tried getting my about page over but it hasn't worked. I have photos on the about page as well. I don't know it that is causing a problem. I am not active yet, with my domain name through Vodahost. Does that make a difference or can I do all the composing of my website offline so to speak? Is there any advantage to doing it "online" vs off?

I am sure I will asking a bunch of questions in the near future as I plug along with this project. I really appreciate all your suggestions as it keeps me from getting too frustrated when things don't work.

Comment

another thought. When I have my index page up in blue voda and I then link another page...let's say the "about" page to the about tab, if I click on the about tab in voda will it bring me to the about page OR does it have to be active for it to work? thanks again.

Right now my second page (the about page) is in blue voda. When I right click and click properties, the name of the page is "about" with no extension. Could this be causing the problem of not being able to transfer it to the second computer?

Comment

I just tried working with an article I wrote on ezinearticles. Here is what I did.. I opened up a new page in voda... Then I went onto ezinearticles to the review button of a particular article I wrote. I right clicked and copied the text of the article. Then I went back to the new page in voda, right clicked and pasted. Nothing happened. Any rx are appreciated. Thanks

Comment

A quick update...I got the two pages onto my laptop. So your ideas were helpful. One logistically question about this forum. Is there a way to have the subscription to this thread pop up on signing in. That would make it easier to navigate. thanks. I am still working with the articles.

Comment

Originally posted by santoro1 View Post
                A quick update...I got the two pages onto my laptop. So your ideas were helpful. One logistically question about this forum. Is there a way to have the subscription to this thread pop up on signing in. That would make it easier to navigate. thanks. I am still working with the articles.
                No, what you suggest isn't possible but you can go to your User CP, see the threads you are subscribed to and easily navigate to them from there.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Amanda, thanks for your suggestion. It actually is easy to simply go to my User Cp and follow the thread from there.

I also figured my problem with copying and pasting my articles to a new page. I wasn't opening up a text box before trying to paste the article. Once I did that I was good to go.

One question I do have is I am not sure the correct way to name the new page with my article on it.

For example. if the name of the article is back pain and my domain is www.dralfredsantoro.com if I name the page http://www.DrAlfredSantoro.com/backpain.html do I use this name when I click save as? Or do I have to use a bvp ending? How does BV know to activate this on the article tab, for example. I know I read something about this but my mind is going in 20 different directions right now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

You would save the page as " backpain " nothing added.
                    http://www.dralfredsantoro.com/backpain.html would be the URL
                    You will have to insert the link URL (above) into the tab.
                    You will need to point your domain to the Vodahost name servers that are listed in your "Welcome" email.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Carbon Terry, Thanks for your direction. I am not sure exactly what you how to point my domain to the appropriate server, however, I will look into it as I know I have to keep learning from the tutorials bec some of my questions have very easy answers. Also, I haven't officially signed up for Voda Host yet. I am working on my website first. So perhaps there is some info that I haven't gotten yet.

I did have another question...perhaps you know the answer. On my home page (index page) I will have a tab for my blog and my myspace profile. Is it possible to simply have a hyperlink associated with those tabs that will lead the visitor directly to my blog or my myspace profile? IF so, is there a tutorial that will help me set that up? BTW, is that the most efficient way to set up a blog, etc. I have had a blog for approx 6 months with blogger.com and I think it would take an awful lot to transfer it to BV. Advise is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X