• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcaywood
    Major

• Dec 2007

WMP vs QuickTime

I have added two mp3 files by inserting WMP and then linking them to the files I uploaded. These are of a high school pep rally 45 years ago and each side of the 45 is approximately 7 minutes long.

They play when I click on the links but they open and play in QuickTime. Is this being determined by my computer's preferences? Will this likely cause problems with others playing the files?
    I do have the QuickTime plugin installed but when I disabled it, the files would not play.
    Thanks
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

• Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: WMP vs QuickTime

No this isn't being determined by your computer preferences, its only going to play in quicktime.

Why not give the user an option, make 4 pages, two that have the video uploaded as quicktime, and two with windows media player. That way if the user doesn't have quicktime installed. If you choose one over the user would have to install it before watch. Or go with a more universal format like flash

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• jcaywood
      Major

• Dec 2007

Thanks, but I guess I'm more confused than I originally thought.
      I guess I thought that by inserting WMP on my page and pointing it to the mp3 file, it would open in WMP. But it doesn't.
      So I now have two pages (1 for Side One and 1 for Side Two) which open in QuickTime.
      Then, since inserting WMP didn't open in WMP, I inserted ActiveX in two pages and chose the WMP option. These now play in WMP.

These two files are audio only. Will Flash Player play mp3 files? Should I now add pages for Flash Player? If it will help someone play the files, I can do it. I just never thought of using Flash Player for audio files.

Thanks
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

Yes flash can play mp3's.

Heres an open source flash player, it should have documentation on the website about how to set it up

Download XSPF Web Music Player for free. XSPF Web Music Player is a flash-based web application that uses xspf playlist format to play mp3 songs. XSPF is the XML Shareable Playlist Format, with specs available at http://www.xspf.org .

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• jcaywood
          Major

• Dec 2007

Update - I have not installed Flash yet, but i have reworked the WMP and QT players. Pls look at the top links on

I believe these are working correctly now. Pls let me know if they are not. And if they are, thanks for all the help.
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Working...
          X