Elements gone wild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elements gone wild!

Hi, I am a new user of BlueVoda and am running version 10.
    I have a page created that is very simple. It is 1000px wide and about 2500pix long. At the top of the page there is an image optimised for web display, then a H1 header below that. Next down comes a text element that was cut and pasted from a notepad file with no formatting. To the right of those elements are two ad boxes containing html code. Everything at that point looks fine and dispalys correctly in IE7 on preview. All elements are within the 1000pixd mark.

Preferences are set for the page to be centered but I have tried unchecking this to troubleshoot to no avail.

The problem:

1. No matter what element I add to the bottom of the page under the text box it looks fine in the editor but on preview and publishing any element added showws as about 9 inches below the bottom of the text element and about a full page width to the right. That means that if you want to see what is at the bottom of the page you have to scroll way down through seemingly empty space and go way over to the right.
    2. I have also tried to add a small text box containing a copyright message. The text looks fine when the text box is open but when I click elsewhere on the page the final "period" in the text immediately moves to the front of the text. Instead of "Copyright 2008 blah, blah." I get ".Copyright blah, blah"

Any ideas anyone?
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Re: Elements gone wild!

URL, please
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Thanks for taking a look:
      DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Just as a note to end this thread. The cause of the problem was a missing chevron at the end of the code for one of the ads on the page. Sorted now.
        DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
        X