• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aubreylynn919
    Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Template problem solved, thank you

Someone suggested I change the width to 793 and I did, but I forgot to publish it.

When I said in my reply:Duh" I did not mean that towards anyone but me, I said that because I forgot to publish the changes.

I am sorry if I offended anyone, I did not mean to
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Template problem solved, thank you

Dunno...never saw it, and I like to think myself especially helpful in that department!

Want to try again? must have been some slight error, but take no never mind....repost!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• aubreylynn919
      Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Here is the template I created: http://best-home-based-business-idea...ly%2031st.html

I am open to any suggestions to make it better

Comment

• patsy121105
        Major

• Jul 2008

Have you tried it with a different coloured background - instead of black?
        My personal choice - I don't like dark backgrounds.
        Other than that - clear and *****.
        www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

OK....first glance tells me you stretched it out to current size of 787.

You want it to be just under 800, is that right??
          First thing you need to do is to take the original header, cropped so it is JUST the header image without text or anything, and digitally re-size it to 795 ... this prevents distortion .... and then "*****en" it once or twice to regain resolution.
          THEN you can use Paint or another software to insert text over it as desired --- although using the LogoMaker in BV works just fine too (although the Logomaker creates textual elements that are not "read" by the Search Engines, so it is advised to add an ALT Tag text to the Header image itself along with a "valued" image title).

Get it so far??

Then you can "re-construct" the left Menu gutter in the same manner. I would also find a "piece" of the gutter image to crop out to add in later as a "filler" so you do not resort to stretching that image lengthwise either....

Need more?

Comment

• aubreylynn919
            Sergeant

• Jul 2008

You want it to be just under 800, is that right??
            First thing you need to do is to take the original header, cropped so it is JUST the header image without text or anything, and digitally re-size it to 795 ... this prevents distortion .... and then "*****en" it once or twice to regain resolution.
            How do I crop the original header? Sorry I don't understand

THEN you can use Paint or another software to insert text over it as desired --- although using the LogoMaker in BV works just fine too (although the Logomaker creates textual elements that are not "read" by the Search Engines, so it is advised to add an ALT Tag text to the Header image itself along with a "valued" image title).
            I've tried paint before, and I could not figure this out

So, this can be done in the LogoMaker in BV? If so, I am pretty sure I could do that

Then you can "re-construct" the left Menu gutter in the same manner. I would also find a "piece" of the gutter image to crop out to add in later as a "filler" so you do not resort to stretching that image lengthwise either....
            Sorry I am confused on what you mean here, but I am willing to learn if you could explain a little further for me

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

do me a favor....insert the original template design/image onto a plain BV page and publish it as "page_demo" .... then I will go up and grab it and create a step-by-step visual page which will show you how to do it using simple tools and utilities already available (like VodaHost's pixresizer and stuff).

Not only will this help you, but I can save it as another "lesson" to post to VodaTips.com (my own little project in the works) so others can use it as well.... Sound good?

So...just insert the image (without any text or "header info") as a simple page and publish it, and then let me know when I can go up and get it to prepare your "Class material" LOLOL!

OR email the template image to me here

Comment

• aubreylynn919
                Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Ok, I tried and I think I got it almost the way I had it. I published it as you said.......it can be found here: http://best-home-based-business-idea.com/page_demo.html

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

OK....go HERE to view the properly sized template elements.....should you choose to use them.

Right click on each element to save, and then "re-construct" the BV page to get the same results (instructions on demo page).

As far as the "Lessons", you may need to give me some more time --- I got tied up with some emergency clients calls late, and did not finish until just now (midnight), so it's a quick bite to eat and then some quick chores so I can grab 4 hours sleep for Friday. Maybe I can swap lunch to mock up the series of screenshots for you? I'll try.

Maybe in the meantime, you can actually use these elements to knock out your site. Remember, yu can always lengthen or shorten the Left Nav bar accordingly, as long as you adjust the edges and bottom.....

Comment

• aubreylynn919
                    Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Ok, I rebuilt it and published it, but have not done anything else yet, until I make sure it is ok.

Here is the new published template:

Let me know if it's not right

As far as the "Lessons", you may need to give me some more time --- I got tied up with some emergency clients calls late, and did not finish until just now (midnight), so it's a quick bite to eat and then some quick chores so I can grab 4 hours sleep for Friday. Maybe I can swap lunch to mock up the series of screenshots for you? I'll try.
                    Please, take all the time you need, I am really looking forward to that, as I know I have so much to learn, but I am having fun

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You did good, but I made it easier than importing an HTML version.....

Check out that online page once more...you can now download a Zipped file with all the images and the "Blank" BV page file itself so you can load/recreate it yourself in your Blue Voda to title and work with as you please.

Thanks for giving me some time. You have no idea how slammed I am .....

Comment

• aubreylynn919
                        Sergeant

• Jul 2008

The download link is not working........it says page can't be displayed

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I know. Something stupid, probably. See message left for you....

Comment

• aubreylynn919
                            Sergeant

• Jul 2008

sent you an email

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Replied with Zipped Folder attached.

Enjoy!

Now, you do know that you need to save the .bvp file to your Blue Voda Folder, as well as copy each of the images to the appropriate folder as well, right?

Otherwise, you will need to completely re-assemble the page using the exact sized images in the right order (under, over, etc.) and re-SAVE AS whatever you call it to essentially save it as your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X