• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wojcik, Zac
    Private

• Oct 2007

Email Button

I want to make a button that once you click it will take you to a default email reader, hotmail.com, aol.com, etc. But I would like to make it so when you click the button, my email address will appear in the To: box, OR I would like to make the text a link and do the same thing. I was just wondering if anyone knows the best way to do this. Thank you
    A1C Wojcik, Zachary
    43d CES/ Firefighter
    Pope AFB, NC
    "We put the air in Airborne"
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Email Button

Originally posted by Wojcik, Zac View Post
    I want to make a button that once you click it will take you to a default email reader, hotmail.com, aol.com, etc. But I would like to make it so when you click the button, my email address will appear in the To: box, OR I would like to make the text a link and do the same thing. I was just wondering if anyone knows the best way to do this. Thank you
    Hi ... you can make a button or use any image that once you click it will open the default email program on the users computer .. it won't open hotmail, or aol though .. you can just insert the image, then choose insert link and choose mailto as the link type ..

It will be best to do what you want to do at www.dynamicdrive.com - use their email riddler - this is so that spammers won't get you .. lol ..

You can also use an image at dynamic drive to get the code for applying this to your page ..

You apply the code in a html box (found under advanced in your tool bars)

Although, the best way is to always apply a form on your page to contact you, this avoids alot of spam and keeps your email private, which is really what you need to do ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Johnnysai
      Private

• Aug 2008

I hope that you will love my messages that I try my best to be a good letter.
      You can call me Johnysai
      thedayyourunaway

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Johnnysai View Post
        I hope that you will love my messages that I try my best to be a good letter.
        You can call me Johnysai
        Hi Johnysai ... nice of you to join us .. and yes, we all love help and nice messages .. you are doing well!! Welcome!!

Why not make a thread in the lounge area and introduce yourself!!
        Spendid idea!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Wojcik, Zac
          Private

• Oct 2007

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          Hi ... you can make a button or use any image that once you click it will open the default email program on the users computer .. it won't open hotmail, or aol though .. you can just insert the image, then choose insert link and choose mailto as the link type ..

It will be best to do what you want to do at www.dynamicdrive.com - use their email riddler - this is so that spammers won't get you .. lol ..

You can also use an image at dynamic drive to get the code for applying this to your page ..

You apply the code in a html box (found under advanced in your tool bars)

Although, the best way is to always apply a form on your page to contact you, this avoids alot of spam and keeps your email private, which is really what you need to do ..
          Hi, Thank you. I actually found that Mailto type the other night. But I found out exactly what i wanted to do. That was highlight the email address and then right click and selected "Link" and selected mailto then put in the email address and it worked fine. Thank you. feel free to check out our non profit organization

A1C Wojcik, Zachary
          43d CES/ Firefighter
          Pope AFB, NC
          "We put the air in Airborne"

Comment

• CarbonTerry
            Major General

• Oct 2005

Think again about using the Email Riddler. You have published your email address to the world. Soon a bot will harvest your email address and use it to send millions of spam messages. You will receive all of the "undeliverable" emails into your email account. There can be hundreds per day.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...
            X