Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please with audio file

Greetings:

I have put an audio file on my website under the Sermons tab. I did this but putting the Windows Media icon on the page and then directing that to my audio file. It took a long time to upload or publish, but it finally did. I checked it out this morning using the church laptop and it worked great. Then I checked it from my work pc and it worked as well. It started to play as soon as I hit play.

Here's the problem. My PW said it didn't work from her computer. So, I got on it tonite to check it out, and it will not work from my laptop...shows the file as quicktime which it is not and it the page seems stuck.

www.harvestbarnchurch.org

Please assist. I need to put new audio files on my site everyweek and I am struggling to figure out the best way to do it that will actually work for everyone.

Thank you

Re: Help Please with audio file

what i would do is use an image or text for a link on your sermons page. your link would look like this:
    www.harvestbarnchurch.org/fromamenpart1.wav
    now you have to use your ftp tool to import the sound file which will be named
    fromamenpart1.wav - no caps, no spaces - the smaller the file name the better, but that's up to you.
    So the first thing you have to do is rename your file, then import the file to your public_html folder, then make your page on sermons with your image or text as the link using the link above. remember to put your extension the same as you names your file
    hope this is not too complicated
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Help Please with audio file

Shelly, if you are are using wav files you will want to convert them to mp3s before uploading them. An mp3 of a sermon sounds as good as a wav but takes about one-tenth the space. The person recording the sermons may be able to give you an mp3; if not, you can find free converter programs by searching the internet.

Tom
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
      X