• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lancecb
    Sergeant

• Dec 2008

Embedding an .flv player

I am trying to install the JW .flv player on my site. Is there anyone who has had experience with JW? Is there a native player withing BV that will allow me to stream .flv files on my site? If so, please provide some guidance for me. Thx in advance.

• Apr 2008

Re: Embedding an .flv player

is the JW .flv player a SWf file if so use the flash button to install it.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• lancecb
      Sergeant

• Dec 2008

Thanks, I will try it and let you know if I am successful.

Comment

• jorick
        Corporal

• Jan 2009

Hi Lancecb

Did you manage with the JW FLV player? I too need to upload flv video files, so kindly let me know how to go about it.

thanks
        jorick

Comment

• lancecb
          Sergeant

• Dec 2008

Here is what I had to do
          1. Downloaded and installed the following code generator. I will help you with installing it if you need help. You can find it here: http://web-anatomy.com/download. There is a free version and a fee version. This will generate the code that you will copy and past into your webpage.

2. Next I copied the code into a blank page so the video player was the only thing on the page. Locate the code in the body of the page.

3. Create the page that you want to play the video.

4. I then created an IFrame on this same page.

5. Name the IFrame so you can later use it in the "target" entry of a hyperlink you will create to call the page with the video

6. Created a hyperline on the same page as the IFrame. In the "http://" parameters of the hyperlink type in the full location of the page with the video. This entry will call the blank page with the embeded video

7. In the target entry of the hyperlink type in the name of the IFrame you just created. (This sets up the ability to control the video from a single hyperlink or multiple hyperlinks if you have multiple videos

8. Publish all of the pages to your cpanel

Now when you preview the page with the hyperlink and the IFrame you will see the is empty. However when you click the hyperlink the page called will load in the "Target" which is the IFrame. If you have multiple videos (as I do) this will give the appearance of a single player controlling multiple videos.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• jorick
            Corporal

• Jan 2009

hi Lancecb

thanks for your message. Will try it.

jorick

Comment

Working...
            X