Publish sub page (ufcw324rc.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish sub page (ufcw324rc.com)

I can't fogure out why when I publish my subpage it changes the index page...can anyone help with this....I save the sub page from the index page and renamed it, then deleted one button then published. Should be ok...yes...no.......please help........Jerry

Re: Publish sub page (ufcw324rc.com)

Not sure why you are doing any of that .. are you choosing, file, save as, and entering another name for this page, other than index, is that where you are renaming things? What do you mean deleted one button? Its nice if your visitors are able to visit every page of your website from every page itself ...

Have a read of my Blue Voda Website Building Tips and see if that will help you plan and organize your website.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye,
      Yes I am saving the index page as another name then editing it and publishing. I tried your advice and locked it, copy and paste but I get the same results..The index page has a button called membership which links to that page. But, when I click on homepage button of the membership page, up pops the index (or so it seems) with an homepage button itself?....I am confused.....been fighting this for awhile...any help would be great....Thanks, Jerry

Comment

Sounds as though you are copying the button and then changing the link .. what you need to do is insert a fresh new button, ... it is fine to copy and paste things, however, they need to remain the same, no changes .. if you are going to change, always start new with things ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Do you understand what I meant by deleting the button, I might not have been clear....The membership page should not have a membership button on it..right?...each page you go to should not have that button on it....I'm getting confused.....ha.....so after I save as and rename I should be able to delete that button and publish....yes...no.....Jerry

Comment

lol .. why not post the link to the page in question and we can see what might be happening .. can you do that??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

There it be.....then hit the homepage button and confusion sets in...

Comment

Okay, well you and I, hey, we talked about this before .. remember .. your nav buttons - no .. you cant make a button be for home one minute and then take it to the next page and it be events .. just examples there ...
                so you need the same throughout .. and we also talked about setting the targets on those pages .. you have them all opening in a new window, no one wants all your pages open at once ..

But .. your index page is your index page for me and your membership page is your membership page ..

YES .. your membership page should and can have the membership button on it .. keep your navigation the same .. throughout your site .. if you dont want to link it you can leave it a dead button, your choice, no difference, but at least leave your buttons the same, otherwise YES you will have confusion, lol .. me was confused too ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay,
                  what do I put in the page opening instead of _blank?........thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jerrys57 View Post
                    Okay,
                    what do I put in the page opening instead of _blank?........thanks
                    atta guy Jerry .. good ..

What you do is leave that area entirely empty .. remove the _blank

The _blank is useful if you have a link going to another website, one that takes them off your website, that is when you want your page to stay open, you would only apply it to that link that goes to the external website ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay,

But I want you to do me a favor and go to ufcw324.org and look at the site, you do not see a tab or button on that page to go to the same page...whoa!...confusing isn't it.....most sites I see are like that....that's all I'm trying to do....it looks more better............ha......seriously, thanks for all your help..............Jerry

Comment

Well Jerry, you can do it that way if you like, it's up to you .. depends on a number of variables and with your short navigational menu I don't see any reason not too ... I also see that you leave their site for their store and no way back, I also see a few broken links, lol .. but Jerry, you can do it that way if you like, however, you cannot use the same buttons and expect them to work for you, you will need to insert a fresh button with a fresh link .. so the choice is yours .. and you are welcome and good luck with whatever way you choose ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X