adding a mouse over effect to a shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a mouse over effect to a shape

hi people, i am making my first site and would like to know how to create a mouse over effect on a shape , which will be the links on my website, i figure it is in the shape propertys box, so to get there ,its a double click on the shape in question, then to events/add event, but its from here that i get confused and there is not tutorial video that explains it

i figure to select the "event " as on mouse over, and then to select the "action" as move, and then i can select how far i want the shape to move when the cursor is hovered over it,

but then i have to select the target, out of a list of about 50 shapes and images numbered sequentially, i am wondering how i can know which shape or image is the one that i am wanting to perform the action on, otherwise it would be imppossible to figure out which one it is, i hope someone can understand what i am talking about and offer a solution

thanks

Re: adding a mouse over effect to a shape

Consider using the navigation menu bar, which includes a variety of shapes for navigation menu buttons, that allows for the mouse over effect .. it also has all the properties you will need for the link - example - a target of _blank is the target set for a link that actually goes off to another website, it will open a new browser page - if all of your links are on your own site, leave this target area empty...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

how to add an event to a shape in BV

i would like to know how to create an event on a shape that contains a link in my website, i would like to have the shape move a little on a mouse over event, but in the shapes properties box it asks me to select which image or shape i want to add the event to,

this is where i get stuck, as it contains a list of all the gifs,jpgs in my webpage, but out of a list of 40 or something numbered sequentially, how am i to know which shape it is out of the list?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
        Consider using the navigation menu bar, which includes a variety of shapes for navigation menu buttons, that allows for the mouse over effect .. it also has all the properties you will need for the link - example - a target of _blank is the target set for a link that actually goes off to another website, it will open a new browser page - if all of your links are on your own site, leave this target area empty...
        THANKS for the reply , so i dont even know where that is in blue voda, ive looked all over it and cannot find the navigation menu bar , though i probably have used it,

thanks

Comment

Re: how to add an event to a shape in BV

I would guess youd need an IMAGE viewer so you could pick the right one.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: how to add an event to a shape in BV

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            I would guess youd need an IMAGE viewer so you could pick the right one.

Karen
            what is an image viewer ? that should be a part of blue voda itself, as it is blue voda that is numbering and naming the files, i have searched the entire forums and have seen others asking the same question, but no suitable replys are ever given, it really should be so easy to do this, please if you do this your self or know how to do it explain it to me in steps

thanks id appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
              hi could you tell me where the navigation bar is and what exactly to do, if you mean to go to INSERT/NAVIGATION/MENUBAR that does not allow for any editing much at all, i want a gradient colour rounded rectangle as my navigation buttons on my website, with a mouse over effect on those buttons, is this something that vodahost need to change, is it even possible to do that ? i have searched the whole forums and seen other people ask this question but never recieving a satisfactory answer

thanks

Comment

Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

An image viewer should not be part of it.. just go to my computer and open your bv folder and scroll over the images and change the view to icons and your computer will show you the images.

Blue Voda is a WEBSITE BUILDER .. not an html editor where you code in dynamic content. However this can be done with a little practice all the same. Try doing the tutorials and learning the basics first. The navigation buttons DO mouse over effects. You can even make your own custom buttons to use with it.. theres a sticky on it somewhere.. do a search on the forums.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by stringsection View Post
                  hi could you tell me where the navigation bar is and what exactly to do, if you mean to go to INSERT/NAVIGATION/MENUBAR that does not allow for any editing much at all, i want a gradient colour rounded rectangle as my navigation buttons on my website, with a mouse over effect on those buttons, is this something that vodahost need to change, is it even possible to do that ? i have searched the whole forums and seen other people ask this question but never recieving a satisfactory answer

thanks
                  You can download different nav bars from http://vodahost.com/library.htm - website menu buttons, not sure if what you might be looking for is already created there for you or not ..have a look ....

as well you can create your own custom navigation bars and insert via the regular blue voda navigation toolbar .. here is the thread for custom nav bars

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

An image viewer should not be part of it.. just go to my computer and open your bv folder and scroll over the images and change the view to icons and your computer will show you the images.

Blue Voda is a WEBSITE BUILDER .. not an html editor where you code in dynamic content. However this can be done with a little practice all the same. Try doing the tutorials and learning the basics first. The navigation buttons DO mouse over effects. You can even make your own custom buttons to use with it.. theres a sticky on it somewhere.. do a search on the forums.

Karen
                    hi i think you missunderstand what i meant, the blue voda images file does contain the images, BUT NOT the shapes within a bv page, i think that shapes might be called gif , not that im sure about that,but in the shapes propertys box if you go to it and try and add a mouse over event to a shape, you will see that we are asked to select the target, even though we have d clicked on the shape in question, and that target list is about 50 long, and IT DOES NOT name the images by name , they are assigned a number, so is impossible to tell which item you are after,

please go and open up bv and try to add a mouse over event to a shape and you will see whqat i am talking about,

Comment

I understood perfectly and yes.. they are .gifs and you can still VIEW them on your computer in the manner mentioned above in living color.

I know what you are talking about.. try what i said and see.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I understood perfectly and yes.. they are .gifs and you can still VIEW them on your computer in the manner mentioned above in living color.

I know what you are talking about.. try what i said and see.

Karen
                        thanks well i went to my documents/bluevoda/images if that is where you mean and tried to view the gifs in question so i can know which one out of the list in the shapes properties box i want to add the event to, but the gifs are not listed or shown or able to be "viewed" at all, so if you would like to elaborate further on how i am supposed to be able to do this that would be great

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X