a simple difficult problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a simple difficult problem

A few years ago I had someone help me set up a website with Blue Voda. I am not good with computers and only paid for the site and supervised the content, but was not familiar with the details of how things were done.

A couple of years have passed and I have lost contact with the person who did this for me. I cannot ask them for help any longer and do not know how to proceed with making a few simple changes to the text.

I gave what I thought would be sufficient information to a new computer consultant but he was unable to get anywhere. Here is the information that I have:

IP # 69.93.158.68
    URL www.bedfordgaol.com
    user name
    password

What else do I need? How can the site be accessed to make a few basic changes? I am not computer literate myself but will forward the information to someone who is.

Thanks
    Joe K.

Re: a simple difficult problem

Hi Joe
    Why not you or your new helper look through the Voda Host tutorials and determine what you would like to change and how to do it? Ask a few questions here at the forum and maybe you can do yourself.
    Doug

Comment

The ip may have changed.. theyve updated several servers

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I looked at a number of tutorials, includnig the one on how to add text, which is all I want to do (or delete some text), and they all started with the site page ready to be worked on, nothing about how to sign in or even access the working page in the first place.

Comment

They assume you have all the files on your computer where the pages were created. When the other guy made your pages he did not send them to you?
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

No, I never asked about them and did not even know such things existed. I had no interest at all in the mechanics of the site. Oh well, fortunately this is not a matter of critical importance.

Comment

Working...
            X