• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dovidshmuel
    First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Re: problems changing .jpg to .gif images

My budget insists that it's got to be free. (We're both posting at the same time.)

Comment

• flyer13
      Major

• Mar 2009

there's a site for free gif images. although not so good are free. or try posting at google search for the image you wanted. when you sort out those images, there's always animated ones there where you could copy.

Comment

• Alien Dude
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

ok what exactly do you want to do, as you have not really explained, your animation is it like karens in her signature or something else. like a text or image animation as there are many techniques to doing curtain items. converting jpg to gif will always lose some color and detail. jpg will not animate but you can use them to make a gif animation so you would need separate images for each frame.
        if you could show a example of what you are trying to do from a web page you may have seen it would be easier to explain the answer.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• dovidshmuel
          First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

When I was trying to make the avatar, 20:20, that I just uploaded next to my name (take a look), the colors of the numbers had like a grey film over them. I had to repaint over the colors to make them bright after the individual images were made into gif's. Karen had said that converting jpg to gif causes a color loss, so I was resigned to having to paint over the colors, but she also said something about reducing the pixels of jpeg's, animating them as layers and then making the whole thing a gif (which I don't know how to do).

I made the "20:20" originally as text boxes in BV, then made them into jpg by a screenshot using ScreenHunter. UnFREEz requires gif's, so I converted them to gif's using PIXresizer, and the colors are greyed out. (Why the colon in the avatar doesn't blink here is another problem, posted in another thread. It does blink in a previewed page.)

Comment

• flyer13
            Major

• Mar 2009

Well depends on gif properties perhaps. mine doesn't animate too. Watdaflip does, we should ask him mate.

Comment

• Alien Dude
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

so you just want that sort image to blink from one color to another or different colors.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• dovidshmuel
                First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

No. The whole thing stays green and black, only the colon (the two dots) in the middle are supposed to blink (it's a digital clock with the time of 20:20). I made it from two shots, one of 20:20 with the colon and one without the colon.

Comment

• Alien Dude
                  Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Ok like this you mean
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• dovidshmuel
                    First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Right on, Alien Dude! You got it to blink. You have to tell me how you did that. Three problems: (1) the colon should change from green to black, not from green to red; (2) you'll notice that the green numbers "dull-out" during the second image (when the colon is red), so you have the same problem; (3) when you tell me how you got it to blink, you should probably do so in the thread that's addressing that problem at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...me-forums.html.
                    We're close to problem resolution.

Comment

• Alien Dude
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Ok will do
                      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• dovidshmuel
                        First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

So the problem is solved. My problem was I didn't realize that the free program ScreenHunter, with which I was making the screenshots, has an option to save it as a gif also. So I did it again, saving them as gif's, making the animation with UnFREEz, and the colors were fine and bright. Would have saved me a lot of work if I knew this before.

Comment

Working...
                        X