Index page won't publish in BV or Cute FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index page won't publish in BV or Cute FTP

I have tried to publish page with BV and Cute FTP- neither works. First one, goes on so long, editor quites responding, and Cute FTP- gets msg- unable to publish. I would like to attach the html page for you to check if something is wrong. Also, added a java script for a pop-up info window in index page- could be problem there. Also unable to "preview" index page. I will add a new thread to adding scripts for the popup problem. Thanks for any help you may be able to give. Hope this help others too. prmccabe40517****.com

Re: Index page won't publish in BV or Cute FTP

You must have a vodahost hosting account and you must use BV to publish. You cant UPLOAD using anything else. It doesnt work

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Of course I have a BV hosting account- There are tutorials on uploading files using Cute FTP. In fact I have already uploaded all the other images folders, etc using FTP. When I try to use BV only, the program stalls and stops responding. Is there any way to attach a doc to you?

Trishmc

Comment

Yes.. but.. it wont publish if you just upload. It sounds like your internet connection is stall you out.. you have to PUBLISH with BV. Cute ftp is for uploading things like flv or swf files or.. downloadable files that BV doesnt up for you. Its not meant to publish your site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I already uploaded the image files, etc. with Cute FTP, so when I PUBLISH with BV do I upload only html files? Thanks for your help

Comment

When you want a BV page on the Internet, you just press the publish button & all that page will go to your VH server & will be live on the net.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You also need to publish ALL files so that bv locates them correctly.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, Karen, I put in the URL and only get the list of folders. Would you try. I have published the index page and several others. Still having the not responding message when trying to publish other pages.
                url: http://www.pamelarmccabe.com

Comment

Hi Trish,

Rename your index page "index" only and then republish with bluevoda.
                  Do not name it ".BVP" The .bvp is only for saving your webpages in your
                  BlueVoda folder in your computer.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I have dial up and that is probably why program stops responding and I have many images- site is primarily art galleries. I thought I would upload all the image files for each gallery, as well as all the other files and then try to "publish" with BV - using upload html files only. Would that work?

If I were to upload files and html pages from file manager then "publish" from my computer- would that work?

Also, can you tell me if a pop-up window would work in BV?

Trish

Comment

BV will not work correctly if you use uploading. Use the publish button.
                      BV has the facility for pop up windows in there area you make your links in.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, for your reply, however, my existing problem remains- then. I have dial-up and the BV program editor stops working before anthing gets published. So, what is the file manager's upload files available for?

Please, I will just have to give up my web site, since I cannot get it published with BV. This will be a real problem for my client.

trish mc

Comment

Make sure all your images are completely optimized for web use. Increase your time out via, Tools>options>Publish>adjust time out to a higher number. Maybe around 300.
                          The FTP is as Karen explained. " ftp is for uploading things like flv or swf files or.. down loadable files that BV doesn't up for you".
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Are you getting an error message that the program is timing out? You are very vague when you say it just quits. If you are timing out (due to the large amount of pictures) you can click Tools/Options/Publish and set the timer to.....say 1000 for example. If it is the images that are slowing things down then you should reduce the size of them using PixResizer or PhotoShop. Reduce not only the image dimensions but more importantly the size of the kb's.

Edit: great minds.... Chris, once again we are on the same page and typing at the same time.
                            Reguards
                            Ed
                            www.dsondesigns.com
                            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                            www.300hitter.com
                            www.bigjk.net
                            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Most of my web pages for http://www.pamelarmccabe.com have published but when I put in the URL none of my pages show up. I have gone into panel and selected html pages and clicked on View- only get the code. What is the problem. Can you check for me?

Trish mc

Comment

Working...
                              X