text background always white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text background always white

i have another problem where as soon as i publish or preview a page all the text background doesnt match what is behind it, i have tried selecting the text and then going to FORMAT/BACKGROUND COLOUR/RESET BACKGROUND COLOUR but this does not work, i think it had worked for some other pages i had, but not now, should i have to do this evcerytime i make some text? shouldnt it just be automatic that the text backiground fits in with what is behind it ?

also can someone tell me if its possible to add a link to some text without that text then automatically having an underline under it ? which is what happens after adding a link

as soon as i can figure this out i will try to publish my new pages

thanks

Re: text background always white

also can someone tell me if its possible to add a link to some text without that text then automatically having an underline under it ? which is what happens after adding a link
    As per other thread you have open on this question.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

In case you miss it in the other thread ...

The text background is transparent by default .. I would perhaps think that somehow when you applied some text you mistakenly hit the background color of text, which is located right next to the text color tab, (very easy to do) the text is the A and the background color for the text is the square block right beside it. Highlight your text and hit the square tab and choose to reset background .. this should take it to default ..at times I notice myself this doesn't work ... in this case, remove your text box, retype your text without hitting the background color.

As far as setting a link style for a text link you not only need to create it but you as well need to apply it ..

Highlight your text, insert link, see the appearance at the bottom, choose edit styles, choose add, you will get a popup showing 4 things, change the color, change boldness, italic, underlined or not, whatever your preference, for each of these 4 settings, press okay, and then you will need to again see the appearance and choose the drop down menu and you should see style 1 added .. you need to click this and then press okay .. a few extra steps there for you that you perhaps may be missing ..

you can create as many styles as you like, but you do need to apply them to the links as well.. once a style is created as style 1, you should carry it throughout your other pages as well, if you start with a template and make your link styles on that one page, they will then carry throughout if you begin each page with that very template you have created and then add your page content, save by its new name, reopen your template again, add the content, save by its new name etc.,

- just another note, you do not need to save a template as per the filemenu when saving, just save as template, a name you give it and save it in your files .. this will save you the trouble of trying to locate and reinsert as template, this has a few funny steps to it as well .. so just Save as instead or even call it starter page .. its up to you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post

The text background is transparent by default .. I would perhaps think that somehow when you applied some text you mistakenly hit the background color of text, which is located right next to the text color tab, (very easy to do) the text is the A and the background color for the text is the square block right beside it. Highlight your text and hit the square tab and choose to reset background .. this should take it to default ..at times I notice myself this doesn't work ... in this case, remove your text box, retype your text without hitting the background color.

As far as setting a link style for a text link you not only need to create it but you as well need to apply it ..

Highlight your text, insert link, see the appearance at the bottom, choose edit styles, choose add, you will get a popup showing 4 things, change the color, change boldness, italic, underlined or not, whatever your preference, for each of these 4 settings, press okay, and then you will need to again see the appearance and choose the drop down menu and you should see style 1 added .. you need to click this and then press okay .. a few extra steps there for you that you perhaps may be missing ..

you can create as many styles as you like, but you do need to apply them to the links as well.. once a style is created as style 1, you should carry it throughout your other pages as well, if you start with a template and make your link styles on that one page, they will then carry throughout if you begin each page with that very template you have created and then add your page content, save by its new name, reopen your template again, add the content, save by its new name etc.,

- just another note, you do not need to save a template as per the filemenu when saving, just save as template, a name you give it and save it in your files .. this will save you the trouble of trying to locate and reinsert as template, this has a few funny steps to it as well .. so just Save as instead or even call it starter page .. its up to you ..
        What a brilliant answer that was awsome thankyou helps out a lot, my pages have just recently published immediately and all is ok except for the backgrounds on all my text which i will have to go through and reset or as you said i might have to just write the text out again in a new text box, but it seems like it happens every time but il keep trying, so thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post

i forgot to mention that my pages have just published ok except for the text backgrounds buut my index page has published a page of about 1200 in height when it is really only about 600 high, so there definately is a problem there, ive tried republishing the page but it dosnt work, so if youve got any ideas that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
            As per other thread you have open on this question.
            ;)

Comment

Originally posted by stringsection View Post
              i forgot to mention that my pages have just published ok except for the text backgrounds buut my index page has published a page of about 1200 in height when it is really only about 600 high, so there definately is a problem there, ive tried republishing the page but it dosnt work, so if youve got any ideas that would be great

Possibly an element down below your 600 mark in blue voda .. another very easy thing to do is to place an element - shape, text box, image, anything and it land somewhere and you forget about it .. best thing to do is to increase your page length via page properties . then you will have a view ... then press select all and have a look for the blue handled boxes and see if there is anything down below your 600 mark .. this often happens ...

outside of that, perhaps you have placed code in an html box and this is expanding larger than you expect ..

yw and good luck of course ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X