• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KMullin
    Private

• Feb 2009

download file

Hello everyone,
    Please bare with me as I am very new to this and am not computer savvy at all!
    I received the link for creating a download and I would like to do this. I want to create a link that when clicked on will open a pdf file.
    Please help me with step by step insturctions.
    Thank you kindly!
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: download file

Hi

You will need to upload your pdf .. log into your control panel, go into your public_html directory (the folder for your main domain) and once inside choose to upload file - browse through your computer - locate the pdf on your computer - upload the pdf - take note of its name - you will need to apply the link exactly as it is written on the pdf document ..if the document is called *****s.pdf - the link would be http://www.yourdomain.ca/*****s.pdf .. on your webpage you might write ***** recipies and then apply the link as above on the text .. set the target for this link to _blank... this will allow the pdf to be open and closed without losing your website .. you might also consider adding a small note to users that to view this document the adobe reader will be required, you could even supply a link to this reader .. most everyone does have it, but there are always a few without it .. or unfamiliar with it ..

good luck, any troubles be sure to post back..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X