Lock Webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Webpage

I would like to lock one of my webpages and use an access code to view that page. Does anyone know what I need to do this, thanks

Re: Lock Webpage

You create another folder in your public_html directory & place the new file in this new folder "public_html/newfolder/" Then you password protect this folder with these instuctions.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I crated the new folder and added the lock. Do I load the one page that I wan't to password protect to that folder? No sure what the next step is and the tutorial dosen't cover that step. Also if I wanted to delete that newfolder at sometime how would that work, thanks

Comment

You can just add the files you want protected into the folder and links to them normally. The user will be promted to enter a username/password before they can view it.

If you delete the protected folder then all of its contents will be removed. If you then create the folder again it will no longer be password protected, you would have to repeat the process.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X