• Mr.Bluesman
    Sergeant

• May 2009

Re: .swf not showing when published

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
    The path should reflect your .com/nameof.swf

Your software provider for the swf should provide you that info

Karen
    I'm using Adobe flash cs4 and making the files myself.

So I put http://www.stuartdeakinberry.com/Arch.swf - however it sill doesn't play when you go to the page. It just remains blank?

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

are there other files that go with it? Generated by your flash creater? You have to generate it as a self contained file.. or upload all the xml files that go with it and the images. Check your adobe help files for publishing to a website

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
        Sergeant

• May 2009

are there other files that go with it? Generated by your flash creater? You have to generate it as a self contained file.. or upload all the xml files that go with it and the images. Check your adobe help files for publishing to a website

Karen
        When I publish directly in flash I can create among various image formats a .swf and a .html - can't see an option for xml.

The file generated as I mentioned earlier are Arch.swf, ClearOverPlayMute.swf (which is the player controls), and Arch.html. All of these are uploaded to the public_html server

Is it work trying to get a convertor to .swf format to convert my original .f4v/.av/.mov files and see what results I get then rather than publishing from flash. Is there a free converor knocking about anywhere?

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Where are the files saved on your computer? You will need to publish them in a similar manner.. again cs4 should give you an outline for this for publishing to a website and what you need to do and which files it needs. Its almost there.. you have the screen.. its just not loading the content..so its not finding the rest of the files.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
            Sergeant

• May 2009

Where are the files saved on your computer? You will need to publish them in a similar manner.. again cs4 should give you an outline for this for publishing to a website and what you need to do and which files it needs. Its almost there.. you have the screen.. its just not loading the content..so its not finding the rest of the files.

Karen
            All in this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\stuartdeakinberry.c o.uk\Video\Props

and are as published by flash, which there documentation are what I need for the web.

Arch.swf
            ClearOverPlayMute.swf (the player controls I used)
            Arch.html

as well as the savedflash document Arch.fla

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
                Sergeant

• May 2009

Yeah this is what I do. For some reason flash doesn't create a .js (javascript file) so I have tried importing the flash video into Dreamweaver which I am not so savvy with and is the whole reason I went for Bluevoda, to speed up things. Dreamweaver creates the script file etc but again when I upload nothing. Once again the files play fine locally. It's got to be the file structure on the server and where the .swf and it's dependants are located.

To be honest I think I'm gonna give up on this now unless there is a simple solution. I am a professional 3D Artist by trade so I am not un familiar with the art of the computer, however I do admit I am not a web designer and just wanted to throw a demo/tutorial site together in a short space of time, without going through a ton of actionscripting or re learning Dreamweaver and getting my college notes out. That way I could focus more time on the content which clearly isn't happening.

It shouldn't be so difficult to get the files to play on a published site. Especially when the tools are aimed at people who are not professional web devs. I'm kinda glad I only signed up for the monthly option. Sorry to rant - just extremely frustrated. Surely someones done it - This thread has had over 100 views - please a guide/tutorial would be great.

Comment

• mrmagoo144
                  Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

hello, i hve sent you a message regarding this situation. maybe i can help. thanks,
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
                    Sergeant

• May 2009

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                    hello, i hve sent you a message regarding this situation. maybe i can help. thanks,
                    Thanks I'll take a look soon

Comment

• Alien Dude
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                      Oh this is going to be so interesting, the fact that there is two swf files being called that are incorporating a javascript to pull the too together ie: movie swf + controls swf. it will never work while trying to insert into bv using the flash button as i said before there are other items to take into consideration. if by double clicking the html page on your desktop brings up the page and it plays. then your answer is in the code of the html page probably the javascript placed in the header.
                      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
                        Sergeant

• May 2009

OK got that and firmly understood - so what is the best way to move forward.

Is it don't have any player controls, somehow embed the control so everything is in 1 swf if so how?

What do you suggest?

Thanks for stepping in

Comment

• Alien Dude
                          Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Now it's hard to say as i don't know exactly how you built it. so will need a little info. i take it you have a master fla file. so when you open that in cs4 you have everything in there the show and the controls. or do have two one for each.
                          when you have it open in cs4 have you tested the movie by click ctrl + enter or control / test movie in the tool bar. this will genarate a swf file of what you have created and show you the result in a popup window of the size of the movie. if you did that did the controls and movie show and work.
                          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
                            Sergeant

• May 2009

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
                            Now it's hard to say as i don't know exactly how you built it. so will need a little info. i take it you have a master fla file. so when you open that in cs4 you have everything in there the show and the controls. or do have two one for each.
                            when you have it open in cs4 have you tested the movie by click ctrl + enter or control / test movie in the tool bar. this will genarate a swf file of what you have created and show you the result in a popup window of the size of the movie. if you did that did the controls and movie show and work.
                            Hi Sorry for the late reply been working!

*I render an image sequence from 3ds max or maya
                            *composite this together in After Effects to generate an .avi or .mov file
                            *this file is then imported into a new flash (.fla.) document
                            *When video is imported you get a series of options inc which player control I want, so I choose one ClearOverPlayMute
                            *So yes I have a master .fla file
                            *I hit control enter to preview a .swf which is fine with controls.
                            *When I publish properly from the file menu I generate a .html, a .swf of the movie and it also generates a .swf of the chosen player controls.
                            so in my files case it's:
                            Arch.swf
                            Arch.html
                            ClearOverPlayMute.swf

so I can use the import flash button in bluevoda and search for the file stored locally and all is fine, it plays with controls and so on.

Comment

• Alien Dude
                              Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Have to say I've inspected the Arch.swf and the Arch.html, The swf file is only showing one frame and the html is looking for a js file which is not where it says it is but one layer down on the root directory and not in the Scripts folder.
                              and without working on the master fla file it is not easy to see what is going on. though I must say I very rarely published the flash, as the test movie will produce the swf file I want to use and tends to combine any add ins together to make one swf file. even with my flash sites there is only one. though some I choose to use a xml files to find music files or images.
                              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Mr.Bluesman
                                Sergeant

• May 2009

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
                                Have to say I've inspected the Arch.swf and the Arch.html, The swf file is only showing one frame and the html is looking for a js file which is not where it says it is but one layer down on the root directory and not in the Scripts folder.
                                and without working on the master fla file it is not easy to see what is going on. though I must say I very rarely published the flash, as the test movie will produce the swf file I want to use and tends to combine any add ins together to make one swf file. even with my flash sites there is only one. though some I choose to use a xml files to find music files or images.
                                Hi Mate,

Sorry for the late reply - just doing crazy hours at work currently and only just got home. I'll try the test movie option, to be honest I've used the publishing option.

Cheers

Stu

Comment

Working...
                                X