• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tshobie
    Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Re: html box problem

Okay, page has been set to 875. I have the html box at x - 187 and y - 745. I saved the page and previewed and the banner is still at the very bottom right of the page.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Yes... pixels. Not lines, but equidistant measures of spacing....like graph paper.

You can use the X-Y plotter to precisely place objects of all sorts, knowing that it will register the top-left corner of any object only --- you will need to calculate the remainder using the height and width tool next to the X-Y plotter to accurately "center" things.

For Example:
      Your images are 175 wide and 131 Height ... your page is 500 wide and 400 tall.
      Center the image on the page?
      500-175=325 div 2 = 162.5 (round up) so your y Axis point should be 163
      400-131=91 div 2 = 45.5 (round up) so your X Axis point is 46

46 pixels DOWN, 163 pixels RIGHT and your 175 image will be centered on a 500 wide X 400 tall page.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

It is because there is still not enough room on your page .... you still have to move your elements to the left .... and if you can, delete the HTML box and create another.

* Now that you know that if you "highlight" any object by clicking once, you can use the SIZE tool (next to X-Y Plotter) to stretch your HTML box to the exact size it should be so you can have a real-sized "box" to place on your page without guessing... your new HTML box needs to be 600 Tall and 120 wide for the banner you chose.

Somehow you need to make room for a banner of that sixe to fit comfortably on your page, with a MINIMUM of 2-3 pixels indent from the page edge so it does not default to an "orphaned" position.

That is why you need to move all your page stuff to the LEFT and re-center them all AFTER you stretch your top blue page bar to 870 making sure it is moved LEFT until the Y Axis is "2"

Comment

• tshobie
          Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

I also moved the blue bar over 2 pixels and stretched it to 865. I moved the menu buttons over 2 pixels. On the images, that's the lightbox, I can change the cell spacing.

I still can't understand why I can't place the html box where I want it. I didn't have this problem placing youtube videos, I just readjusted them by checking preview until they were right. But these banner ads don't work like that at all.

Comment

• tshobie
            Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Banner size, okay.... starting to sink in a little now! I didn't actually choose that size, that's actually the smallest size of that shape banner to choose from. I'd prefer smaller but I guess I don't have much of a choice.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Once you re-format the page and create enough space, you will need to create a new HTML box to make sure no previous formatting remains .... and please verify that there is nothing "hidden" where you want to place the new HTML box.

You cannot stack things over a video player, over a Flash box, etc. That is why making a new HTML box will prove that no sloppy coding remains, and if there is enough space for the properly sized HTML box to visually fit on the page and in-between other elements, there is a reason it will not stay in place: something else is there to "push" it off the page.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

PS: Standard Ad Banner sizes include 300 t x 120, 240 t x 120, 120 x 120 and 90 x 90

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I have to go ... it's 3am .... I think you can take it form here, knowing that you need to really "center" the elements on your page, provide margins (of indentation - both sides), and how to precisely measure and position using the X-Y plotter and the shape sizing gauages .... Good Luck!

PS: Once everything is manually centered on your properly sized and balanced page, be sure to go to Page Properties and click "Center in Browser" for a better display in broswers....then re-publish and smile!

Comment

• tshobie
                    Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Well I tried using a much smaller banner, 120 x 60. Still shows up at the bottom right of the page. So I put it in the very top left corner, up above the blue bar and previewed and it's moved up a bit on the page, it's still on the right but up near the Heat hotel's pictures.

Comment

• tshobie
                      Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Thank you for all of your time and effort!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        there is a reason it will not stay in place: something else is there to "push" it off the page.
                        make sure when you make a HTML box you do not enter any "values" that would dictate how it is to "display" ... do not enter anything like 'Properties" in any field (I do not know which version of BV you have, but mine do not have any "Links" or Properties" to enter at all ... they are straight HTML boxes you paste code into and that's it!)

Make sure the Page is clean .... and then look at the code supplied to you also. Be sure it is able to be used anywhere.

If using BV11, go back to BV10.2

Night!

Comment

• tshobie
                          Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

I tested on another page and had no problem with adding html banners, so the problem is with that particular page. Since it was barely built I just deleted it and started over and now am not having any problems, so there must've been something hidden on that page that was indeed pushing my html box off.

It's a mystery what it was but at least the problem is solved and I thank you for taking the time to help me! Especially considering how frustrating it may have been for you!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

*yawn* well, 2 hours sleep is better than none, right?

I had a feeling there was something amiss with the page format/coding itself ... that's why I kept mentioning the "Rule" that if there was space, you used a "new HTML box" and everything was properly aligned, there must be some 'sloppy code' or another 'hidden' reason it was being orphaned!

Glad you figured it out by deduction and sought to forge a new beginning. Although initially frustrating and considered a terrible "waste of time," challenges like this are useful in developing a solid familiarity with the overall logic and processing that is essential to more advanced techinques. Besides, it gave us the beginnings of a good peer-to-peer relationship that is common to the progress of this Community!

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                            X