• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parkescakes
    Corporal

• Feb 2009

Deleting a Guestbook

Following a bout of spam being added to my guestbook, I took the decision to delete it from my site, however, I still get loads of emails telling me someone has signed my guestbook.

I am assuming they are signing to the address which still exists although the page is no longer published, which is fine so far as my customers are concerned, I'm just worried that this could affect my google rankings.

Also when I check my stats I'm getting links from some pretty weird sites...cheap cigarettes mostly, I sell cakes.

Shall I just continue to delete the messages in my inbox and ignore it, or should I be doing something to stop this from happening.

TIA
  • wysiwyg4
    Major

• Nov 2007

Re: Deleting a Guestbook

If you had not made available your email address "visually",
    there is a possibility that it could just be "as usual" phishing that
    all of us receive from time to time.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Deleting a Guestbook

The guestbook consists of two files, the BV page and the core script (guestbook.php or whatever you have named it). If you have deleted the page but not the script, and IF a bot has archived the php script URL, it will continue signing up (and sending you spam).

Delete the php script AND the guestbookdb.php (or whatever else you had named it) file that contains the posts.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X