• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pleasework
    Private

• Aug 2009

Re: password protec pages

I have created the signup page, when I go to preview it the code shows up on the top of the page in the browser... I can not seem to find the way to "hide" the code...

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The page must be published as .php, not as .html.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have about 20 pages that I want pass protected because the people must sign up first to get into them. What' s the easiest way to pass protect them without doing each page individually. Should I put them into a file and pass protect the entire file, and if so how do I do that?

Comment

Hi, can I get an answer to my last question about password protecting about 30 pages...do I password protect the entire file or one page at a time. Then, when the client gives me his password, how do I let him into those pages, do I have t list a password on the site for each client.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Mikee, you are confusing things.

There are two ways to password protect one or more pages of the site and require that the users are registered and logged in before they can view these pages.

1. Using a Password Protected Directory (folder).
            This is a method that allows you to create a "protected" folder. If the pages you want to protect are inside that folder, the server will require the visitors to login withtheir password before they can see these pages. However, the usernames / password must be MANUALLY added by you, in your CPanel, and then you let know to your members, the username / password so they can login . Or, which is the same, they ask you a specific username / password, and only after you add those to the list of allowed usernames/passwords, through your CPanel, they will be able to login. This way of protecting an area of the site is described in http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/x3/...3-protect.html

2. The second method is by using a script that allows users to register themselves, and, after account activation, they can login and visit the protected pages. This is, in my opinion, FAR more professional than the first method, and allows you also some more things. This method is described in BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, I'll read this about 30 times and see if it will sink in,,,I have a very thick skull. Great for golf balls to bounce off of. Now, Im trying to get the login stuff fixed up. I have the registration stuff all set, I fill out all the stuff and it registers on the admin page perfectly, (I dont see the password),,,,,,,,but, when I go to the login, put in the same info that I registered with, it doesn't go to the specified page. It goes to my error page. What I am I doing wrong in coding it?

Comment

I like the second option you mentioned, but where do I get this script and where do I put in on the admin. page. I looked all thru the tutorial but didn't see anything about the 2nd option, the scripting.

Comment

NavalDesign, I m still stuck on this one. Where do I get this script for the 2nd option? It seems that there should be one already to go, it s a common registration login item,,,,,,,,,I think.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

BV's login scrript is already built in in BV!

The Tutorial explains how to use it and which icons to click on.

Of course, you need the last BV version, 11.4 G.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X