Upload Form Does not upload large files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Form Does not upload large files

I have spent 4 days trying to figure out how to create an upload page for our customers to be able to upload large files to our website that are too big to email. Watched tutorials, read posts and experimented!

The form I created and published works for small files! But when I try to upload a large file 10+MB it does not show up in the form folder on my site but the smaller files do show up.

The following is what I have created and does not work.
    1. Created ftp account for customer usage, works as long as the customer's computer will switch the Internet Explorer page to a Windows Explorer page but it seems new windows systems don't let that happen automatically happen unless you set up a network for the ftp page and it is complicated to tell customers how to do that.
    2. Password protected directory- only good for when a customer needs to download a file but not upload.

I need a form that lets a customer upload large files to our site. Please someone help. I posted this issue 2 days ago and no one responded.
    Thanks Shannon Davis
    www.trunkmat.com

Re: Upload Form Does not upload large files

NavalDesigns ABVFP will allow uploads. What size items?
    The standard BV Form Wizard has an upload option.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

First, ftp uploads and form uploads are two different things.

FTP uploads have practically no limit, BUT you need to grant FTP access to your clients. Not very secure, as some malicious customer could upload a maicious file and hack both your site and the entire server.

Form uploads have a filesize limit, which can be anything from 2MB to 12 MB (VodaHost has different settings for different servers).

There are ways to increase this limit for your account, but due to security issues it would be better if you asked VH help desk to increase it for you.

If necessary post back.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval I finally found this tutorial to build an upload form http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...sing-form.html
        and it says the upload size is unlimited? So I did exactly the form and it won't let me upload large files either. So I guess the tutorial is incorrect.

We have customers sometimes needing to give us files as big as 30MB. The customers we are dealing with are graphic artists/professionals so I am not worried about malicious intent but I do need all access to our upload pages password protected.
        However!!
        FTP is fine for us! But my computer as well as my coworkers computers will not let you choose the page option to view the ftp page in Windows Explorer, my old system did. When it asks to click on Page and choose view window in Windows Explorer it says ftp session terminated.
        So I found out how to create a network for our ftp link and it works great. But I was just hoping to avoid making it difficult for our customers to upload. If they all have to create networks plus not everyone is computer savvey so it probably won't work for everyone. It took me 3 tries before my ftp network was created right so that I could choose the page option to view in Windows Explorer and therefore be able to upload to the site.
        How can I increase the upload size of the form. I have the script from the above tutorial already written. Or..... help me figure out an easy way for all my customers to be able to view the ftp page in windows explorer.
        So glad you replied thanks shannon

Comment

Actually it says "set it to whatever you want" but, it is intended, within the server limitations.

Also pls note that there is no reason to follow this tutorial anymore (I wrote it some years back...) as the built in Form Processor, which didn't exist at that time, can now upload files.

If you wish you can contact me through my site contact form so I can give you instructions on how to raise the limit up to 50 MB (limit for PHP uploads).
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X