Background issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background issue

I'm having some problems getting a background to fit the screen on my website (obviously I'm pretty new). First I tried pressing the image button and just selecting one of the pre-made, free templates from the VodaHost site to see if I could at least make it work, even if I didn't end up keeping that background. Well, the image is really small and when i pre-view it in my browser it's not really a background, just a small picture on a white page. So I tried to drag the image over to the sides to make it bigger, but it took a really long time to get it to be the exact, correct size of the page. I thought, okay, there's probably a better way to add a background than this. So I went into page properties and had it set that picture as the background, but now it just repeats that small picture all over the screen instead of enlarging it... do I just need to find a way to make the picture the exact measurments of the screen so that it won't repeat like that, or is there a way to enlarge and fit the picture?

My domain name is www.drugrehab-seattle.com

Re: Background issue

making your background as an image may be difficult to do. if your image is 1024 X 768 one of the popular settings for screen resolution, then if anyone opens your site and it is with the same resolution then it will be fine. if someone opens and their setting is at 1280 x600 then the picture would not fit very well. would suggest you have a background that is somewhat generic, and then fit your site within the area you wish. everytime i see someone's computor it seems that the screen is very wide. oh well they say bigger is better. i try to keep the information of a site between 900 - 950 pixels. that means that if some one has a wide screen they will just see a generic pattern or solid color outside the area of the site.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Background issue

I see, that makes sense. I had hoped that perhaps there would be a way to set the background to automatically size itself to the screen viewing it, but I guess that's not the way it is. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X