X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bold Text Issues

Golfswinger..

You have been with Vodahost for 6 years? We just moved from Yahoo hosting to Vodahost after being unhappy with Yahoo sitebuilder for 3.5 years. Bit the bullet and made the switch last week!

I hope we will not regret our move. How has support been for you in the past 6 years? Always bad, or just this time?

Comment

I not sure if this will be any help but it appears to me by looking at your code with page view that you created "many" individual text boxes to make up this page and they appear to be out of sequence with the flow of the page. I don't know if this is a problem in BV but you might try re-building the page in sequence or even reducing the number of text boxes by putting more into one box. I.e.; From My name is Jack Taylor to Arrrgh!

Comment

Thanks for the feed back Paul...this has happened to me before (bold text issue) even with a smaller number of boxes...so who knows....ill give it a try..still hoping for a company response ;)

Comment

And to answer your question Cindy I would say in general that Ive been happy with VH but from time to time the ball does drop ...in these days with virtual workers available for $2/hr in the philippines you think you could have faster / better CSM though...

Comment

There is no difference between the HTML generated and the selection made.

The selection is in pt (points) the HTML is (automatically translated) in pixels

For the "bold" issue: since you have lots of bold / non bold text in your pages, it is impossible to distinguish the problematic text.

To be able to help you you need to:

1. Post the URL of the page
            2. Let us know EXACTLY which text is problematic.

Please do NOT use any Websafe fonts (like Georgia...) as it will be rendered differently on each visitors computer.

Please also note that VodaHost is a hosting company, therefore it provides FULL support for hosting issues, but the issues you are having are related to design and use of the BlueVoda. In all similar cases, (webbuilder) support is through the support forum and not directly from the company.

Most probably your issues with text have to do with:
            1. Assigning H headers to the text (which will make it bold when previewed or published)
            2. Assigning a Hyperlink style to the linked text that uses Bold
            3. Adding third part code which has un unclosed <b> tag, therefore the rest from that point on is displayed as bold.

Please follow above instructions 1 & 2 so we can help.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval Design ...MODERATED lets go through this point by point;

There is a difference between whats designed and what is published
              as clearly stated by Cindy and me..

It has been clearly outlined already in the previous posts which text is a problem and the urls have already been supplied if you care to read previous posts in the thread ;

Vodahost is picked by your customers SOLELY for the use of your BV editor ....otherwise your just another hosting company among the 100s' of like minded hosting companies...

and finally the support of your BV software is terribly slow and almost non existent....and we sure dont get the feeling you care based on the simple fact that we never hear from anyone in a business like timely fashion and you cant take the time to read the rest of the thread already here...

Comment

1. I'm not part of the VH staff, and I'm not paid for the help I provide, just like anyone else here. So when you address to me or any one else here, watch your wording. If you don't want help, then I simply won't bother to help you....
                2. Yes, you provided the links, but you did not posted, as I asked you, not only the links, BUT for each of the links, the specific text that has the problem. I don't have the time to scroll 100 or 200 lines of page code to see where you MIGHT have an issue. I need you to post EXACTLY which part of the text is the problematic one, in each of the links.
                3. You have NOT (in any of the above posts) told us WHICH part of the text is converted to bold. You simply say: "BV is bolding almost all my text". I do see text in bold, but I can't know which one is deliberately set to bold and which is changed to bold even though you have used non bold style. So please do not make false statements, it is as simple as posting the exact text so we can see.

As you admit, BV is a state of the art software, user friendly and (almost) bugless, this is why customers come (as you say). And 99% of customers are happy with it. In 99,9% of the cases, it is a user error. But, as I mentioned, I'm not willing to go through your entire page code... Post the specific piece of text that has the issue so I (or anyone else) can check.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually you have an unclosed <b> tag in this third part script you have added:

<div id="bv_Html2" style="position:absolute;left:201px;top:390px;widt h:329px;height:12px;z-index:10;" align="left">
                  <font color="#000000">
                  <b>
                  <font size="+1">
                  <font="georgia">
                  <SCRIPT language="JavaScript"><!--

Style = 3; //pick a style from below

months = new Array();
                  months[1] = "January"; months[7] = "July";
                  months[2] = "February"; months[8] = "August";
                  months[3] = "March"; months[9] = "September";
                  months[4] = "April"; months[10] = "October";
                  months[5] = "May"; months[11] = "November";
                  months[6] = "June"; months[12] = "December";
                  days = new Array();
                  days[1] = "Sunday"; days[5] = "Thursday";
                  days[2] = "Monday"; days[6] = "Friday";
                  days[3] = "Tuesday"; days[7] = "Saturday";
                  days[4] = "Wednesday";
                  todaysdate = new Date();
                  date = todaysdate.getDate();
                  day = todaysdate.getDay() + 1;
                  month = todaysdate.getMonth() + 1;
                  yy = todaysdate.getYear();
                  year = (yy < 1000) ? yy + 1900 : yy;
                  year2 = 2000 - year; year2 = (year2 < 10) ? "0" + year2 : year2;

dateline = new Array();
                  dateline[3] = days[day] + " " + months[month] + " " + date + ", " + year;

document.write(dateline[Style]);
                  //--></SCRIPT>

Please note the <b> (bold) tag that is NOT closed in the script with a </b> tag, and causes the rest of the text in the page to be bold too.

Solution: either remove the <b> tag from the HTML that you used for the date, OR close it with a </b> tag just before the </font> tag.

This is the reason why support can't take care of such issues, as long as you have BV generated code it is ok, but if you add third party code that is invalid, it takes too much time to debug.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Naval....i appreciate your taking the time to comment ...especially if it is in an unpaid role....I will solve this problem on my own...cheers

Comment

Thanks for the help Naval...hopefully im coming over to Italy in August ...buy you a beer then ;)

Comment

But I told you what the problem is ???
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Yes and I thank you ...this system of communication is too sloooow ;) ...if you ever need help with your golf game let me know .....first swing is free ;) cheers jack

Comment

Just wanted to update you Naval....your fix worked like a charm...i'd be very happy to pay you for your consultative services in the future if you're so inclined ...thanks again j (my skype is jack.taylorgolf)

Comment

Hi Navel Design,

Have you had a chance to look at my pepper spray page, see link in this thread above...

I will look around to see if I also am missing an ending bold tag as GolfSwinger.. Did you happen to see if I was missing it too??

Thanks... Cindy

P.S. I would be more than happy to pay for your services. Maybe you should add I donate button on your site or send us a bill via paypal??

Comment

Cindy, you also have tye same problem:

In one of the HTML boxes you have added this code:

<tr>
                                <td>
                                <font size="2";font color="red"><b>Sale!<font face=arial></font><b>
                                <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">
                                <!-- Begin
                                var months=new Array(13);
                                months[1]="01";
                                months[2]="02";
                                months[3]="03";
                                months[4]="04";
                                months[5]="05";
                                months[6]="06";
                                months[7]="07";
                                months[8]="08";
                                months[9]="09";
                                months[10]="10";
                                months[11]="11";
                                months[12]="12";
                                var time=new Date();
                                var lmonth=months[time.getMonth() + 1];
                                var date=time.getDate();
                                var year=time.getYear();
                                if (year < 2000)
                                year = year + 1900;
                                document.write(lmonth + "/");
                                document.write(date+"/"+ year);
                                // End -->
                                </SCRIPT>
                                </td>
                                </tr>

Note the part in red: <b> which should be </b>

It probably has more of this in other parts of your pages but right now fix this and we will see if the issue persists.

Pls note that your page is full of code errors, <tr> and td> tags that do not belong to a table, <body> and <head> tags repeated MANYtimes that belong nowhere, generally speaking all the code you added in your page taken from somewhere else is full of errors! Quite a problem for SEO.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X