Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Media Player not llining up correctly after publishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player not llining up correctly after publishing!

on my page

We wanted to insert the music for each track of the ballet. I used the Windows Media Player form Blue Voda BUT
    nothing seems to line up correctly once published, no matter how it looks on the Blue Voda Web site builder it never lines up on the web site.
    How can I resolve this issue. I need to insert the music next to the track name so people will know what they are listening to.
    Thanks.
    Patricia Dinely - Actress
    David Chesky - Composer

Re: Windows Media Player not llining up correctly after publishing!

As described in Tip #2 below, you have duplicated your Page Item "#1 Ben's Farm" and it is "floating" off the edge of your right page margin, forcing all of your Text to reform back to the page disrupting Formatting of your larger-than-normal Text Box. Delete this [duplicated] "orphaned" item, and proceed to then focus on Tip #3 below:

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
    I suggest the "issue" is likely due to you using an improper method to create (and to duplicate) your pages, and how both dynamic (Menus, Conveyor, etc.) and static elements (images, with and without same titles) are affected ... also something discussed repeatedly and resolved using the clearly outlined methods posted in these Forums. 2. Another possible cause would be elements outside of page margins that are automatically "reforming" to the page body: make sure everything does not extend outside page margins. 3. And, a third may be simply breaking up any 'longer' Text Boxes into multiple smaller Text Boxes and placing them properly as desired, since large Text Boxes do not hold formatting over extraordinarly large pages areas.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      As described in Tip #2 below, you have duplicated your Page Item "#1 Ben's Farm" and it is "floating" off the edge of your right page margin, forcing all of your Text to reform back to the page disrupting Formatting of your larger-than-normal Text Box. Delete this [duplicated] "orphaned" item, and proceed to then focus on Tip #3 below:

SORRY but you missed my question completely. I am simply trying to line up the tracks of mp3 music on WMP with the text that carries the name ofthe text. ALSO lately Blue Voda has something going on that NOTHING that you place on the program (text boxes, images, links) appears exactly as you see on the program. If you use multiple text boxes for instance it is very likely they will overlap once published! That's why I had a huge box instead of several ones. I tryed breaking upin multiple small boxes and sure they overlaped.
      What I do is on the Blue Voda give a HUGE spapce btw boxes and that somehow shows as if there was only one space line once published. BUT a program like that should be a guessing game! It wasn't like this before! I have been using this for a while! BUT now what you see on the program does not match how it is published!
      Patricia Dinely - Actress
      David Chesky - Composer

Comment

I do understand (truly) but I'm pretty sure you are not applying the solutions together, and are instead attempting to do one at a time until you get the results you want -- and this is no way to do anything.

You really must implement smaller Text Boxes for such a large amount of Content on a page if you hope to preserve Formatting - there is no way around it. Whether or not they overlap in your Workpane is immaterial - it is all about how it actually looks when published. Using Preview to "see" how things will look even though they are messed up and overlapping and all in your Workpane is a great timesaver than Publishing and re-arranging, then Publishing again, etc.

Another factor that may be influencing how the layout is affected is the manner in which you are saving and re-saving your pages after updating. Versions 12 and later of BlueVoda require an updated method, since so many changes to BlueVoda were re-scripted and features added. You need to review (and understand 100%) the methods described in this post if you hope to resolve your layout issues as you combine techniques such as using smaller Text Boxes ....

One more aspect to integrate in your overall operational methodology is discussed in this post, and this too might be required to apply before trying once again to re-format your pages using all the updated methods discussed. It seems that other Windows7 users fared much better when publishing using this updated method even though they were not getting Error messages.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X