Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer login

ALCON,

I'd like to create a hidden page where customers can login and check the status of their transactions from my website. How can I do it? I need some pretty step-by-step instructions on this one. Sorry to be a bother.

Jonathan

Re: Customer login

tg-
    Need a little more info.

What type of business and what type of transaction? What is it that you want them to see? What progress report do you want to give?

Like to help- talk to you again soon.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I own a real estate company. I would like for my clients to be able to log into my website and view a page that shows them the status of their transaction, whether or not thier offers have been submitted or accepted, how many days they have been on the market, etc. This information is typically considered to be confidential, so I would need a separate logon for each customer.

Thanks for the help

Jonathan

Comment

Depending on how many customers you have at any given time- you could password protect multiple subdomains- lets say 5. You could then set a password for that subdomain for a specific customer. Then you could create a template/web page that you can quickly edit and then publish. For the duration of that customers contact with you- that would be their little web connection to you. I would enclude a simple php mail contact form in each so they could eaisly send you a note as well as a tell a friend form so they could pass on your name/business to others right then and there.

Once that customer is finished- change the password- edit the page to reflect the new customer and give them the new password.

This would be very easy to accomplish. Additionally- you could post forms, copies of items that they need that they could download,

Anyway- that is just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Pretty good suggestion. What's involved with registering a subdomain? Do I even have to register it? Just curious. Then, how would I go about password protecting it? Also, how would the customer get to it?

Comment

There is a good BV video tutorial about creating a sub-domain in cpanel.
            Give it a look and it should get you well on your way.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Good morning!
                Would you please check out my wholesale page on my sight - www.widehollowimages.com - on my application the submit button does send it to my email - but the email is blank - and my login on the bottom doesn't work.
                Thank you so much for being there!

Comment

Working...
                X