• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

How do I add music to my page?

Can anyone tell me how I add music to a page? I don't want any videos or anything just want a tune to play when someone opens up a particular page.

Thanks in advance
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: How do I add music to my page?

Just finished up this tutorial the other day. Hope its what you're looking for;

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Jeremy
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey!

On your bluevoda page "right click" then click on "page properties" then a window will open. On the top you have a bunch of options to chose from .. click on "background" once you click on that you have your background options. At the bottom of the window you will see it says "sound" click on the "..." (browse) and select the tune you want to play when people access that page.

Regards,
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• TLS
          Sergeant Major

• Jul 2006

Hello Andy,

I looked at the tuitorial you created because I've already published some of my pages for my hydrocephalus site without adding sound since I didn't know what songs I wanted when I first started putting my hydrocephalus pages together. The site is: www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus I did try to find "Page Properties" by right clicking on the background but the only thing that came up was the regular "Properties" and there is nothing there that says "background" to add music.

Because of that, I tried your tuitorial and it didn't work either. I did a HTML copy and copied the HTML link like you had it expect I put "true loop" and "TRUE" with my song.midi. I didn't put any spaces in the HTML code. Was that correct? If not, that might have been where I went wrong.

I'm guessing once a page is published already unless the page just gets redone completely over from scratch, it is impossible to put music on it? Is that accurate or not?

Terri

Comment

• Andy128
            Major General

• Dec 2005

Terri,

Not seeing what you have done- perhaps something was missed. Might want to try from scratch.

Make sure to copy all the code. Replace the "yourmusic.mid" with what ever music you have be it wav or mp3. For example- upload the song file to your server and then reference it by"mysong.mp3" or "mysong.midi" or
            "mysong.wav"

Makesure the song is in the same location as the web-page.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• wineprovider
              Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

I can`t see "Page Properties" as well, if I right click; but you`ll find it at the top of the page when you click on view.
              Hope this helps,
              Regards,
              Wineprovider

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi there

Yes you can also find page properties from where you are looking, choose the background tab and on that tab near the bottom you will see SOUND - that is where I believe you have inserted your music file ...

I hear the music it takes a few to load up but it is there ...

Let's us see if anyone else hears the music ....

http://www.winesincornwall.co.uk <---------- the link to this gentleman's website

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Danny Canada
                  Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2007

Originally posted by Marincky
                  Can anyone tell me how I add music to a page? I don't want any videos or anything just want a tune to play when someone opens up a particular page.

Thanks in advance
                  good start!

Always keep in mind that as nice as music can sound on a web site, it can also be very, very annoying to visitors and on some occasions I have left because there is no way to turn it off other than turning my own volume to "mute".

There are web sites out there that carry FREE wav files of nice soft elevator music to soft rock. Use google and type in "free wav files" or "free web music" and you should be able to find something.

Good luck!

Danny

Comment

Working...
                  X