Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linking pages together

Originally posted by milos
    Does anybody knows how to link my pages together?

Hi Milos ... (Just for the next time, you can start your own thread, and then all the answers will be for you, excuse me captrac while I answer Milos, I do not see what you are implying Captrac??)

Milos ... you should brush up on the tutorials too, but when it comes to linking pages together, there are several ways ....

Let's say you have a three page website .....

index
    sales
    promotions

These will be the three pages

Your landing page for your domain name will be saved as index, published as index and will be the page that comes up when someone types in your domain name address.

From all of your pages, I would recommend having a link to and from each other.

Linking can be done in a variety of ways, via the navigation bars provided in your web builder, the menu bars, a text link or even an image link.

Let's say you choose a text link ....

The word Sales is what you want to link ... you highlight this word, go to insert in your top tool bar, and choose link, and you then type in the full address ... in this case it would be http://www.yourdomainname.com/sales.html
    You save this page as sales, publish it as sales and link to it as above. You do not add the .html when you are naming and saving your page, blue voda does this automatically for you, you only type the .html when retrieving or linking to this ....

You use the same procedure for all of your links for all of your pages, whether you use text or images. http://www.yourdomainname.com/promotions.html

And when linking to your index page you simply link as http://www.yourdomainname.com

Pretty well the same when using a nav bar or a menu bar, other than the fact a larger pop up will come up for you to fill in the information.

That's it ... Good Luck!!

P.S.

Naming and saving and then publishing that page is different than giving your page a title, try to keep that issue clear in your line of thinking ...

To give your page a title, you right click anywhere on the page and go to page properties, here you can Title your page to your liking, best to title it to the topic of the page .....

Remember when saving and publishing - all small letters, no symbols or spaces, or if you do use a space it the words must be joined together with the use of the underscore in between, like this sales_today

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X