Meta tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta tags

I have a question about meta tags. When I Google using some of my meta tag keywords, why doesn't my web site show up in the search?

Re: Meta tags

Sometimes it takes time, you need a search engine to crawl your website first, or you can also help the process by submiting your link to Google to help them crawl your site.

A Site Map also helps alot...
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

How long has your site been up and running? Did you ask VodaHost to submit your site to the SE's?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What is your site / URL ?
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

May I suggest you not only give us your url - so we can look - but when you query Google, look at the top right where you'll see something like this:
          Results 1 - 10 of about 29,900,000 for baptist church. (0.17 seconds)
          I just queried for baptist church - if you notice, they have over 29 million listings for those keywords - so if someone is new and thinks they'll show up in the top pages easily - they would be wrong. Now, if they put their city name into it - and optimized their pages with it you'd see this:
          Results 1 - 10 of about 334,000 for Plymouth New Hampshire baptist church. (0.09 seconds)
          They would now be dealing only with 334,000 other sites - most probably not optimized - and they would probably be able to get to the top couple pages, if not the top page, fairly easily.

So, it takes time and work to get in the top of the se's - and part of the work is to optimize for the right keywords because getting there for the ones that millions are trying for - can happen eventually- but it will take lots of time and work - and will depend on how well everyone else is optimizing for them.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

my site is www.kzoocoping.com it's been up for about 3 weeks. I didn't know about asking Voda to submit my site to the SE's.

Comment

Even when your site is submitted it may not appear in search engines. If your site is a popular subject then everybody else might be using the same keywords as you. If their pages are ranked higher then those will be the ones that are displayed. Look into optimizing your website for the best search results.

FPRULES

Comment

Have you tried Yahoo and MSN? There is a world beyond Google.
                This is from MSN:
                Get additional search tips by visiting Web Search Help.
                If you cannot find a page that you know exists, send the address to us.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Life Beyond Google??? no way :p
                  http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Working...
                  X