No announcement yet.

Help with adding Divx video to site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with adding Divx video to site...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out a way to convert some video files on my website to something that would be compatable with a Mac computer. I posted a previous thread about this but I guess I was going in a direction that had a dead end.

I recently converted some .wmv and .wma (Windows) video files to .divx and wanted to use those on my site, in addition to the ones I already have.

However, BV doesn't seem to have a "divx" window thingie and I don't know how to add it manually.

I already did a search here in these forums and didn't come up with anything related to Divx files that was helpful.

A question for anyone who uses a Mac.... other than divx, what other types of files are Mac computers able to play?? i.e. .mov, etc. I don't know many. (and ARE they able to play Divx??)

What about software that converts .wma files to something compatable with a Mac?? I'm looking for something free and everything I found on the net cost something. (I'm trying to stay cheap, considering I got Windows Media Encoder for free from M'soft).

Thanks.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Help with adding Divx video to site...

Hello,
    well I´m not sure this will help but you could consider using flash for your videos its mac and windows friendly, and you can still have the same advantages "streaming" there are some cheap programs that convert wma files to flash files do a google search

Comment

replay converter you might want to try that and turn it to flash as said b4 its free
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hey - thanks guys... I'll give that a try tonight when I get back from work. I'll have to do a bit of research to learn how to use that stuff. I don't know much about Flash.
        George
        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

You will like flash it is unlimited to do all types of art work, movies, banners, and its not so dificult as it looks at first site check this site out http://www.cartoonsmart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
            replay converter you might want to try that and turn it to flash as said b4 its free
            So I tried that out... pretty cool and the free demo version worked well. But it doesn't do me much good since it wasn't actually free. The demo shows this "demo..." message over the vid and only converted 90 seconds.

I really don't feel like spending any kind of cash for software to convert the videos. But I appreciate the help and advice.

Maybe someday, if I ever make it big, I might invest in some Flash software. Until then I'll just have to deal with the normal windows vids. :)
            George
            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

whats your eamil addres or you email me gary@allstarfaces.com
              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Working...
              X