Odd image appeared in page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd image appeared in page

This is just toooooo weird. Everything was fine and then these big pink lines appeared in my page www.spirited-events.com/yumyum.html I am using this image as a part of my sitemap but have no idea how it has got into this page, it's as though it has wiped out the correct image and this one has replaced it. I have checked my page in BlueVoda and have also even re-published it a few times but it seems to be stuck there, it's ruining the page, can anyone help me to figure out how this has happened and more importantly how to sort it out?

Maybe there's a 'spook' in my machine after all halloween is approaching!!!

Thanks all
    Sam (Samantha not Samuel)

www.spirited-events.com

Purveyors of divine experiences!

Re: Odd image appeared in page

Click on page properties and in background- make sure it does not contain the name of the image. Make sure the box is empty.

Often people delete the background image and the background is gone- but the code telling it to load is still there. When you brought back the image for the site map- it now loads as instructed.

That is my guess anyhow.
    Let is know.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

No pink lines for me, at least not now. Maybe you have figured it out?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Andy, Hi naval,

Andy, Thanks for that, I checked the background and the box is empty but the image is still there.

naval, It's still there this end, I haven't managed to figure it out. Someone else actually brought it to my attention.

I just can't understand why it's even there in the first place, it has nothing to do with this page and never has, it's totally baffling. In BlueVoda the page is fine, it's just online so I am pretty stumped. Maybe I will just set up the whole page again from scratch (what a pain) and see if that sorts it out!

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

I can't see any pink lines, only a plain pink backround. However on your home page, if you look REALLY hard, there is a slighty darker broad pink frame around the bottom and the 2 sides. Looks like a pink background has been layered on top of blue, or some other dark color.
          Royden

www.harrow-art.com
          www.harrow.co.za

Comment

I stiil can't see ANY pink line in your page. Only your email address is underlined, because it is linked. There is NOT any other line.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

zigzag, I can see that too but it's not on top of anything (I don't think)

naval, can you just see a pink background like zigzag or can you see the tags etc like my other pages? It should have the business card with tags hanging from it etc

Thanks guys

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

This and this is excactly what i see
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks naval,

Hmmmmm, I am seeing something totally different. How do I show you what I see? And why am I seeing something different to you? It was choco777 that saw it first so I know it's not just me that's seeing it so obviously I'm a bit concerned about it!

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

If what i see is correct, maybe you are cacheing, try cleaning your internet temp files and refreshing.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Oh my god naval, you are just brilliant, that sorted it, thank you so much xxx

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

Wait! Sam, don't go away.
                        The ghost is still there on the 2 pages pasted by Naval. I have just realised that it is not the darker pink border that is the problem. The darker pink colours on the 2 pages are the same.
                        There is a lighter pink square in the middle of the home page.
                        Thank the lord there are no elephants on your site.
                        Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                        www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Sam, I hope you haven't disappeared forever.
                          On your home page you have "index_01.jpg" with dimensions
                          top:20px;width:766px;height:594px
                          This is the exact size of the ghost box in the middle, and is not on the yum page.
                          Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                          www.harrow.co.za

Comment

This rectangle exists i all pages. Probably it was meant as a background before Sam made all his background pink as well. However, it does not create any problems, at least not on my screen
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Gosh sorry guys for taking so long to answer you, you must think i am so rude. That rectangle, I can explain how 'I think' it has happened, it is my background colour as naval suggested before I brought in my 'tags' image. It is exactly the right colour in my background pallet but for some reason is looking just that little bit darker, bit frustrating but I don;t think it is a big problem and I don;tknow how I could correct it anyway as I have literally typed the colour into custom colours (hope you're with me there). Thanks though as always, I 'love' this place.

naval, does everyone here think I am he??? LOL, I am Samantha

www.spirited-events.com

Comment

Working...
                              X