Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandi

Hello to all,
    I am extremly new to this and have just started to try to build a page. I am feeling quite hopeless and dumb.
    My first question to anyone out there is about 'spell check'. Is there one? I have clicked everywhere and watched the tutorials but haven't found the means to do one yet.
    2nd question is about links. I watched the tutorial on links and managed to use it just fine, but the whole page downloads. How do you just add the www.voda etc. on to one of your pages. I would appreciate any help given. I'm sure I'm going to need lots.
    Sandi from Barbados
    www.barbadosparadise.com

Re: Sandi

Hi Sandi, no spell checks I am afraid. I tend to type my work in MS word and paste it into the text box. If I have got it right you want to highlight a word & link it to another page or site?
    1. Highlight the word/words
    2. Click on the link button or Ctrl k
    3. Select type to http:
    4. Enter to url of where you want to link to
    5. Press ok
    6. If you want it to open in a new page? Select target as ( _blank )

You can also use this for an email link, but using the mailto: link type then enter your email address just after the mailto: letters

Good luck

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Sandi,
      I am unsure of your second question. When you publish a page you have created and saved as (say) "Products", it will have the http and www stuff added to the front of the name automatically.

It will be published on the web as [http://www.SandisSiteName.com/Products.html]
      Is this what you meant?
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hi Royden, a little late but I am just figuring out how to use these threads. I got it sorted out. I just wanted to be able to put links to other websites in and I was forgetting to highlight the word. Thanks anyway. Sandi
        I have got quite a few pages up. Check them out.
        www.barbadosparadise.com
        www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Sandy,
          You are doing great. The site is going to be fine. The pix are really crisp and clear, what a paradise, you are very lucky. Keep up the good work. I won't pretend to have gone through the entire site but, links i checked all worked, maybe change the color of the mouseover on the nav buttons, Centered would look better, all in all you are doing a great job.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I agree with Choco, the site needs centering and the m/over colour on the menu is a bit harsh. Perhaps if you left the buttons the same colour and used a different colour text as the mouseover might me a little better. Other than that its very nice.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
            royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will change the m/over. Is there an automatic way to center the pages? I read somewhere to set them at 900 which is what I have done, but some seem to have a bit too much space on the right hand side.
              www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Hi Sandi,
                Page size should be 800 wide. But I tend to make mine 795.
                To centre your page, right click on an empty area of your page & select properties. You will see a box to tick that says centre on page. Make sure you have set your page to 800 wide, then press ok. Have a quick preview then publish if happy.

Chris
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I would say for your site, 800 wouldn't be so important - but it is because you're using a template that is 800 wide - and your text is running over the right side of the template! That doesn't look so good - but otherwise, it really does look good.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X